Whats Your Favorite Cake Mix Doctor Recipe

Decorating By CherylAnn Updated 22 Aug 2007 , 11:04am by tcbalgord

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:18am
post #1 of 12

OK CC'ERS What is your favorite cake mix doctored cake.... Not the one from the Cake doctor book... but the ones that the CCERS use every day... cant wait to hear the response and try the great recipes thats sure to follow. thumbs_up.gif

11 replies
BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 6:41pm
post #2 of 12

I love the peaches and cream cake. I've changed it a bit since I first started using it, though.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 21 Aug 2007 , 7:16pm
post #3 of 12

Darn Good Chocolate Cake - to die for!

Daschie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Daschie Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 12:10am
post #4 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowshoe1

Darn Good Chocolate Cake - to die for!

This is my office favorite, everytime I make this, I get at least 1 proposal!!!

Daschie

CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 2:57am
post #5 of 12

Guess I need to bump myself cuz I know theres lots more come on CCers share the secrets!!!!

gdixoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gdixoncakes Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:04am
post #6 of 12

Cake Mix Extender recipe is awesome.

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 3:07am
post #7 of 12

I have a doctored cake mix version of Cakework's Chocolate Toffee Truffle which I LOVE mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 6:34am
post #8 of 12

The WASC...I use it as the base for all of my cakes, and just change out the flavor with the box of cake mix or by adding jello, pudding, or flavoring. I love it!

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 7:22am
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

ribbitfroggie
The WASC...I use it as the base for all of my cakes, and just change out the flavor with the box of cake mix or by adding jello, pudding, or flavoring. I love it!

Ribbitfroggie: I didn't know you can add jello. Do you just add the packet of jello OR do you first make the jello with hot water and then add OR do you add the set jello? I'd love to know ... Thanks[/code]

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 10:22am
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verina

Quote:
Quote:

ribbitfroggie

Ribbitfroggie: I didn't know you can add jello. Do you just add the packet of jello OR do you first make the jello with hot water and then add OR do you add the set jello? I'd love to know ... Thanks[/code]

Nope you add it just like you add the pudding, just dump the box into the mix....everyone raves about my strawberry cake made this way. So you just add the packet, no making the actual jello. HTH!

Verina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Verina Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 10:36am
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Quote:

Nope you add it just like you add the pudding, just dump the box into the mix....everyone raves about my strawberry cake made this way. So you just add the packet, no making the actual jello. HTH!

Thank you so much for that - it opens up many more flavours and ideas. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

tcbalgord Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcbalgord Posted 22 Aug 2007 , 11:04am
post #12 of 12

My favorite is Oh La La Triple Chocolate. I love it best with a raspberry filling and chocolate buttercream. Better then ice cream in times of woe!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%