London Cake Deco Shops? Reliable Uk Online?

Decorating By sophie20033 Updated 20 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm by sophie20033

sophie20033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie20033 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 6

Hi!

I've a friend travelling from central London/UK and I would like to buy a few cake decorating tools (English brands). Do any of you recommend any cake decorating shops that are in Central London ( where she can just walk in and buy), or good online stores?
Thank you!

5 replies
kimreed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimreed Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:58pm
post #2 of 6

Hi, I have found this briliant website and shop. Here ya go.

Surbiton Sugarcraft

Shop
140 Hook Road, Surbiton, Surrey KT6 5BZ Shop Opening Time Monday to Friday 9am till 6 pm and Saturday 9am till 5pm

Phone
0845 260 1945 (local rate) or from Overseas +44 208 391 4664

By public transport
From Surbiton station (train from London Waterloo to Surbiton every 5 to 10 minutes and journey time is about 10-20 depend on type of train service) take bus, 71, K4 or 465 towards, Chessington and get off at the bus stop at the SHELL petrol station. The shop is just by the pedestrian crossing traffic light behind you.

By Car
We are just off the A3 Hook Roundabout at 140 Hook Road (on A243 towards Surbiton), with free parking on the side streets. Best place to park is in the Gladstone Rd, This is a oneway street, entrance is via Haycroft Road. You can also park on the VERONA DRIVE, if you go to the end of Verona Drive,there is an alleyway at the end of Verona Drive, Just walk across, you will see the shop opposite (CLICK THE MAP TO VIEW IN MULTIMAP)

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 12:59pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know about cake shops in Central London, all the ones I know of are on the outskirts, but an excellent UK online shop is A Piece of Cake Thame:

http://www.apieceofcakethame.co.uk/default.aspx

Their customer service is excellent, postage is very reasonable and their prices are about the same as other UK shops. I buy from them all the time.

I'll keep an eye on this post, as I'd love to know of any supply shops in London, so I can pay them a visit next time I go home. On-line shopping is great, but I love to browse and see all the lovely gadgets 'in the flesh'!

Kelly

kimreed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimreed Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 1:07pm
post #4 of 6

Here are a few more websites

www.kitbox4sugarcraft.co.uk

www.cakecraftshop.co.uk

I buy a lot from these websites.

Regards

Kim

moptop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moptop Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 1:13pm
post #5 of 6

what timing!

I will likely be traveling to London/Guillemont Park on business this fall and was thinking I'd take some time to see the sights as well as check out some cake decorating shops, etc. Perhaps, if possible, even take a class.

If anyone has suggestions (I've noted Surbiton Sugarcraft above) I'm all ears!

sophie20033 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sophie20033 Posted 20 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks so much for the quick responses! I'll check them all out! Appreciate the info.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%