How Do I Ship Cookies?

Decorating By Lori11941 Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 2:17am by Gingoodies

Lori11941 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori11941 Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 12:00am
post #1 of 3

I need some help from all the cookie bakers out there, especially the ones who ship all over the country. My mother in law has been drooling over pictures I've sent her of the things I've been baking lately and she's been kind of down because of some health issues she and her husband have been going through. I'd like to send her a batch of cookies, but I don't want them to arrive crushed or mangled. I'm making a batch of sugar cookies and a batch of chocolate cut out cookies right now and they'll be covered with royal icing.

What's the best way to package them so they arrive in one piece?

Should I send them next day air, or is 2-3 day priority mail okay?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Lori

2 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 1:54am
post #2 of 3

I send cookies to my sister and they all get there without breaking......I first use the Press and Seal wrap so they are individually packed and then I put them in a ziplock bag, and I make sure there is lots of bubble wrap between the layers of cookies......seems a little excessive I guess, but she has never received a broken cookie. I send it overnight express becuase I want them as fresh as possible when she gets them.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 2:17am
post #3 of 3

I send cookies to my niece in college and I pack them in a "throw away" container like "glad" brand. I put that in a carboard box with bubble wrap or styrofoam peanuts around it. She always gets them intact. Also I send it priority mail by the post office and she gets it usually in two days.
I have also sent her brownies which I wrap in plastic wrap and then pack in the container.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%