Toilet Paper!

Lounge By murf Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 1:25am by shooterstrigger

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:32pm
post #1 of 19

Dear all,
I'm bored so thought I'd pose this question that has interested me for as long as I can remember.................

Loo roll/toilet roll...............do you have it with the end coming over the top or underneath when it is hanging on your loo roll holder???????
I am an over the top girl - well that describes me all over!! But my hubby always changes it round so that it goes behind and underneath if that makes sense!
Eagerly awaiting your replies!!

Jenny

18 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:36pm
post #2 of 19

top --

and saw an article about a research project once that studied the way people did this vs their status, wealth, etc.

over the top if you want to be on top!

secretly admits to turning then around if on the "wrong" way

mmgiles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmgiles Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 2:44pm
post #3 of 19

murf- I'm just shocked your husband knows how to put the toilet paper on the roll. I cant seem to get my husband to figure that out. I dont really know how mine is on, probably changes since i dont pay attention.

I do know that my best friend's husband insists he doesnt like it on the roller. She's learned to have two rolls. Hers is on the roller and his sits on the back of the toilet.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:57pm
post #4 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

top --

and saw an article about a research project once that studied the way people did this vs their status, wealth, etc.

over the top if you want to be on top!

secretly admits to turning then around if on the "wrong" way

Oh no! I'll never be weathly because I'm a 'bottom' roller. Oh well.... icon_surprised.gif

murf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
murf Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 3:59pm
post #5 of 19

Doug,
As I always suspected, I am on the way up!!
And I don't even do it secretly, I turn it round and shout - DON'T PUT THE B***DY LOO ROLL ON UPSIDE DOWN

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 19

I'm the same as you, murf! I have to have it over the top...DH ALWAYS puts it on wrong!! After 12 years, I give up. I just heave a big sigh and turn it rightways.

dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:04pm
post #7 of 19

I don't care as long as it is there when I need it.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:10pm
post #8 of 19

Top - but I am the only one in my house that seems to notice - for the most party they don't even bother and sit it on the floor or counter beside it! I even bought the kind that the TP just slips on the rack and they still don't know how to put it on!!!!

YouTakeTheCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YouTakeTheCake Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 6:47pm
post #9 of 19

MUST be over the top....the rest of my family doesn't care......I think they put it on wrong just so I have to turn it around........Yeah like they think I'm going to give up!!!!!!! NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ohara Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 9:28pm
post #10 of 19

Over the top for us...

We have a friend who is a underneath person. So much so, when we are over at his house, just for fun I turn the roll over icon_wink.gif. (it doesn't take much to amuse me icon_lol.gif )

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 10:18pm
post #11 of 19

Im in the same boat with mmgiles my DH doesn't know how to change the empty roll of paper...he didn't take that class in school I guess icon_confused.gif

This is so funny that you mentioned this cause my SIL says her DH won't even buy toilet paper because people would know what was going to be done with it icon_rolleyes.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 17 Aug 2007 , 11:41pm
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolfin

I don't care as long as it is there when I need it.

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif thats what my husband says too!!!

Im over the top....our 5 yr old ALWAYS does it the other way....it drives me nuts!!! it never fails when I hand her rolls and tell her to make sure all the bathrooms have some she does it....I'll go and you'll hear "CHRISTINA!!!!!!!!" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

novacaine24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
novacaine24 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:03am
post #13 of 19

snowshoe1-
It's good to see that I'm not the only bottom roller here! thumbs_up.gif
My husband does it 'top ways' and drives me nuts, but I guess I should be grateful that he puts it on the roll at all! icon_rolleyes.gif

michellenj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
michellenj Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 1:59pm
post #14 of 19

When I was in college, Oprah did a show where they discussed this. She is an over the top girl. But you use less it you do it from the bottom. She also uses Charmin Ultra.

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 2:06pm
post #15 of 19

Over the top...for some reason I hate the thought of it coming from the bottom and hanging there touching the wall...I like it hanging over the top so it's hanging in mid-air...if that makes sense icon_lol.gif

My Papa has to have it from the bottom....whenever I'm at his place I change the roll around to drive him crazy icon_lol.gif

I don't think anyone in my home cares...they don't even put it on the roll. They just set the new roll on top of the empty one...drives me crazy!!

Leahbell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leahbell Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 4:18pm
post #16 of 19

I put it over the top, but only because doing it that way was pounded into me as a kid. My dad HAD to have it over the top. It was one of the only things that drove him crazy.

Ohara, you're too funny! I'll have to turn the tp around next time I visit my parent's house!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 7:01pm
post #17 of 19

I am the bottom kind of gal too.......I do think less is used (especially from my 5 year old niece).........

and to whomever posted that their hubby wont buy it (cause people know how its used)..... thank goodness he isnt a woman, how would he deal with pads, tampons, pregnancy tests, etc! Wonder if he is embarassed to buy condoms (or is that a good thing to be seen buying)!

Rosie_from_MD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie_from_MD Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 12:51am
post #18 of 19

You guys are too funny! icon_biggrin.gif I am an over the top girl too--same with the paper towels!! icon_lol.gif

shooterstrigger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shooterstrigger Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 1:25am
post #19 of 19

I am an over the top girl. I don't guess it bothers anyone because no other person in this house will put it on the roller.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%