Stacking Cakes

Decorating By sarajohnson Updated 17 Oct 2006 , 5:24am by MsSugarBaker

sarajohnson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarajohnson Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 10:10pm
post #1 of 7

I read all of the forums on stacking cakes but if you stack fondant or BC wont it stick to the cake board underneath the top layer? How do you solve that? Is there a special way to place the dowels?

6 replies
mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 12:58am
post #2 of 7

I sprinkke powd. sugar underneath, this helps prevent icing from pulling off.

HTH!

sarajohnson Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 1:53am
post #3 of 7

put it on the bottom of the cake board underneath the top cake layer, so the pwd sugar part sits on the bottom layer?

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 2:20am
post #4 of 7

Put the powd. sugar under the cake board....actually you would put it on the lower layer of cake that will have a cake on top of it.

If you have a two layer cake, you should have top layer cake, cake board, p.s, bottom layer cake, base.

It's hard to explain w/o pics. HTH!

sarajohnson Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 4:10am
post #5 of 7

awesome thank you!!

So many simple and dumb questions i always have!!

aerobatchk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aerobatchk Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 5:04am
post #6 of 7

Sara! You do not ask dumb questions. I read your questions, and then hope that someone answers them because I would like to know as well icon_smile.gif
Thank you for asking them!

MsSugarBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsSugarBaker Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 5:24am
post #7 of 7

This is a great question. Here's another idea: I watched one of Martha Stewart's cake decorators stack a wedding cake on a wedding cake show the other night. It was a stacked buttercream cake, and he cut a piece of parchment paper the exact size needed, and then set the cake on top of the parchment paper. You couldn't see the parchment, and he said that kept the cake board from sticking to the cake underneath it. Just my $0.02.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%