Question About Ordering Hi-Ratio

Decorating By Deana Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 5:50pm by JoAnnB

Deana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Deana Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:25pm
post #1 of 3

so I can't find a local supplier and I'm going to have to order it..

This is going to sound like a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway..
with this daggone heat - will it liquify during shipping?

I've gotten to the point that I have a cooler with ice in the back of my suv to go grocery shopping...

so - what do you think? can I order with confidence or should I wait?

2 replies
Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana

so I can't find a local supplier and I'm going to have to order it..

This is going to sound like a silly question but I'm going to ask anyway..
with this daggone heat - will it liquify during shipping?

I've gotten to the point that I have a cooler with ice in the back of my suv to go grocery shopping...

so - what do you think? can I order with confidence or should I wait?

I live in California and they ship mine UPS it takes about a week to get here and KNOCK on wood its not melted and its HOT here.. The company I order from they put it in a styro foam container and then put it in a mailing box the Sweetex comes in its own box also and I have not had trouble.. This is the company I use for my Sweetexhttp://www.chefswarehouse.com/Catalog/DisplayDetail.aspx?prd_id=GS235 When I get it I put it in to Large Glad containers 10 of them and then stack it in a closet its easier to get one of them small container then to work with that whole 50 lb container each time.. Hope that helps you...

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:50pm
post #3 of 3

because of the extra cost of ordering online, I would wait until it is cooler. One option to check is pastrychef.com They shipped a heat perishable item to me with a cool pack. I haven't looked to see if they sell this product, but if they do, you could ask for cold shipping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%