Hockey Puck Cake Help!

Decorating By janabear Updated 19 Aug 2007 , 4:13pm by SweetResults

janabear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janabear Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 7

i plan to do a 10 inch round for the puck, no problem. the customer wants the vancouver canucks logo in the middle, just like a real hockey puck. i dont have any kind of edible image printer. how do you think the best way to do this would be? i can either do fondant pieced together, or colourflow. any suggestions for me?
i havent tried frozen buttercream transfers before either
thanks so muchicon_smile.gif

6 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 5:06pm
post #2 of 7

all would work.

which do you feel most comfortable doing?

if it were me -- i'd print out the logo, cut into pieces to create patterns and have at the fondant -- but then I like fondant and hate BC. Colorflow isn't my strong suit either.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #3 of 7

I'm with Doug. Pieces of fondant. That's what I did on this Canadiens logo. And I'm a huge colorflow fan. Go figure. icon_smile.gif
LL

Chiara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chiara Posted 18 Aug 2007 , 12:22am
post #4 of 7

If it is not already too late I would also suggest a chocolate transfer. I love doing those and I get a great result everytime.
Hockey rules!

janabear Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:57am
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug

all would work.

which do you feel most comfortable doing?

if it were me -- i'd print out the logo, cut into pieces to create patterns and have at the fondant -- but then I like fondant and hate BC. Colorflow isn't my strong suit either.

thanks doug, i never thought of printing and then cutting it out for the pattern. ding ding ding. so obvious too
thanks for the tip!

janabear Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 6:58am
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM

I'm with Doug. Pieces of fondant. That's what I did on this Canadiens logo. And I'm a huge colorflow fan. Go figure. icon_smile.gif

thanks diane, your cake is incredible!!!!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 19 Aug 2007 , 4:13pm
post #7 of 7

Diane I LOVE Your cake!!!!

Looks like I will be using yet another of your great cakes as inspiration at the end of the hokcey season this year icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%