Questions About Asheeter

Decorating By cocorum21 Updated 15 Oct 2006 , 3:25pm by RisqueBusiness

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 2:58pm
post #1 of 7

I was watching a program yesterday and the woman used a sheeter. does anyone use one of these? I thought, WOW I'd love one of those!

I just wanted to know if these are super expensive? I'm sure they are over $1000.

Not looking to buy one right now but it would be nice to keep in mind in the future once I have a nice size clientele and i could justify buying it.

6 replies
dolfin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dolfin Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 7

what is a sheeter????

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:09pm
post #3 of 7

I have never heard of one. What is it and what does it do?

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:12pm
post #4 of 7

you can use it to roll out dough, fondant.......

TrisCorey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrisCorey Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 7

They may have been talking about a fondant sheeter. It is kind of like a large pasta machine that rolls out your fondant to the desired thickness. I have seen them in ACD, but I am definitely no where near being at the stage to get one. I am sure they are expensive. You could probably google a fondant sheeter and come up with a company that sells them to get a price. If you are doing a lot of fondant work though, it would be a good investment and save your arms a lot of work. icon_biggrin.gif

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:21pm
post #6 of 7

I've drempt of owning one! It would make life much easier when it comes to fondant. They are VERY expensive. Hard to justify expensive unless you have a high volume business where it would get a lot of use. I watch e-bay for them from time to time but they're way out of my league!

Debbie

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 3:25pm
post #7 of 7

it's not a fondant sheeter, but people use them for fondant.

it's a regular sheeter that you use to do your large commercial amounts of PUFF PASTRY Doughs.

you can even use them to roll out large amounts of sugar cookie dough too.

I know a woman that bought one to use in her cookie business!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%