It's 2Am..

Decorating By JulieBugg2000 Updated 18 Oct 2006 , 3:06am by jtb94

JulieBugg2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBugg2000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:24am
post #1 of 17

and I'm making cake balls because my husband and I just got back from the Emergency Vet Clinic.. I let my chinchilla out to play earlier, and when I went back to catch her she was pulling at a patch of fur on her chest and had a big gash with skin hanging. She wasn't bleeding and didn't seem to be too distressed, but they had to stitch her up and are keeping her in the animal ICU for the night and the day tomorrow..

We don't have kids so our pets are like our children.. I miss my baby!

16 replies
o0lilnikki0o Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
o0lilnikki0o Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:31am
post #2 of 17

i am SOOO close to my cat so i no how u feel!!! if anything happend to her i honestly dont no what i would do.. when i take her to the vet to get her shots and whatnot, i almost cry when she gets the needles and i feel SOOOOOOOOO horrible for taking her there cuz she gets so stressed..

i <3 animals.. would do anything for them..

i hope ur lil pet gets better! ive always wanted a chinchilla!!!![/i]

JulieBugg2000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:43am
post #3 of 17

Thanks.. They said they think she'll be fine, but you know how it is.. I just worry about her!

This is an older picture, she's fatter now lol.. Say Hi to Noel icon_smile.gif

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:44am
post #4 of 17

I hope your chinchilla is better soon. I don't have children either, just pets, and they are are like your children. I will keep you in my thoughts!

Cindy

cakegurl06 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegurl06 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 6:54am
post #5 of 17

I hope she gets better soon!

We got a new dog recently and she just went into heat! My teenage daughter freaked out when she saw the blood. haha

I had to keep her outside because she was getting it all over the carpet and I just cleaned the carpets today. So I bought her some pull-up diapers and after much struggling I got a pair on her tonight so I could let her in the house. She was not very thrilled with me after that. When my husband got home from work and saw her he doubled over laughing. She made a little plastic-rubbing noise when she walked too. It was funny. Poor girl. She already has PMS and then we're laughing at her and adding insult to injury!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 7:03am
post #6 of 17

Oh Noel is such a cutie pie! Hope she's home soon.

I also have furry children...

Being a parent is never easy, furry or not tapedshut.gif

MG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MG Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 11:10am
post #7 of 17

So sorry to hear about your chinchilla. I just love them! I've never had one but they are too cute when they roll around in that powder to bathe themselves. Hope she's feeling better soon. icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 11:23am
post #8 of 17

Your baby is so cute, hope she is better real quick.
Where would I find chinchillas to look at in person, do regular pet shops (although I hate to see the pets in there) have them? Janice

Sophie-Em Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sophie-Em Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 11:45am
post #9 of 17

Oh she is such a cutie. We have animals too and yes we treat them like our own kids. Did you ever try to give a cat a time out. When we tell ours time out they just stand there then fall on their sides and they just lay there looking at you. Like they are saying OK I'm laying here now what?

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 11:50am
post #10 of 17

Only an animal lover would understand. I hope your baby is feeling better. (And, you too!)

JulieBugg2000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 11:56am
post #11 of 17

Thanks guys! The Vet finally called me back about 4am telling me that her "surgery" (stitching her up) went well and that she was settled into the ICU. They said normally they wouldn't have had to keep her in ICU but since it was in the middle of the night and they couldn't watch her progress like they could during normal business hours that the ICU was 24-hour supervision.

Janice, I know that PetsMart usually has one or two of them. I wanted one for a long time before my husband (then boyfriend) surprised me with her for Christmas one year. She's been my little girl ever since!! icon_smile.gif

shebaben Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shebaben Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 12:03pm
post #12 of 17

Oh, yes, I hope she'll be OK...do you know yet what caused the trauma? We've been there, done that, too many times; the worst was when our 196 pound mastiff, Emily, got pyometriosis, was bleeding disgusting stuff, and eneded up having an emergency hysterectomy about 2:00 A.M. at the university, about 75 miles from home! icon_cry.gif I've heard it said that pets enter our lives as animals, but they leave as people...I think it's true. A house is just not a home without our furry friends (or scaly??). Good luck - PAT (mom to a Siberian husky with one eye, a giant schnauzer with adolescent behavior, and two 18 year old cats!)

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 12:08pm
post #13 of 17

Oh Juliebugg... your poor baby!! I am so sorry! You know she'll be just fine thankfully, so that helps a little, but it's never easy when someone you love is hurting. I have always had a lot of animals in my life, though we are down to just one cat now. But he is my son. When the 'real' baby came along, we referred to him as the Cat's brother! icon_wink.gif And they are the best of pals! Prayers going out to you and your adorable baby!

Edited to add: OMG... she is so cute. And I love that you named her Noel, it's so sweet!

JulieBugg2000 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:05pm
post #14 of 17

The Vet Clinic just called us back to give us an update and said she was doing really well and we should be able to bring her home tomorrow. yay!

Shebaben, when I went to catch her after her playtime she was up inside the box springs of the mattress, so I think she may have gotten caught on one of the coils or something. Today we're headed to Home Depot and we're boarding underneath the bed (hotel room style) so she can't go under there anymore!

dodibug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dodibug Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:09pm
post #15 of 17

She is the cutest thing I have ever seen! Glad she's better!

YummyFireMummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YummyFireMummy Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 2:59am
post #16 of 17

I had never heard of a chinchilla!! I don't think we even have them here!! But its very cute!!

jtb94 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtb94 Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 3:06am
post #17 of 17

Glad she will be okay. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%