Did Anybody Else Get...?

Decorating By Letmebeurdesignr Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 10:32am by Letmebeurdesignr

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:56am
post #1 of 5

Did anybody else get their pasta machine from Joann's for 9.99? I went and got mine yesterday..now i aint got a clue of what to do w/it..lol..just saw it on sale here on the board so i went and got one just in case i figure out what to do w/it

4 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 3:39am
post #2 of 5

In cake decorating circles, it can be used to roll fondant for ribbons and bows, gumpaste for flowers.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:24am
post #3 of 5

I use mine a lot, so you'll figure it out!

Definitely use it for rolling out flat sheets for ribbons and bows. Also for cutting out motifs. These are things you want to all be the same thickness.
And if you make your own pearls, you can roll out a sheet, use a tip to cut out a circle, then ball that up in your palm. That way you know each one will be the same size.

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 4:50am
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

And if you make your own pearls, you can roll out a sheet, use a tip to cut out a circle, then ball that up in your palm. That way you know each one will be the same size.

That is a great idea for even pearls. Why didn't I think of that.. icon_rolleyes.gif

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 10:32am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by leahs

I use mine a lot, so you'll figure it out!

Definitely use it for rolling out flat sheets for ribbons and bows. Also for cutting out motifs. These are things you want to all be the same thickness.

Thanks for the ideas yall.....What is a motif??

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%