Need A Pic Of Wedding Cake With Ivy Swag...

Decorating By cakesbyamym Updated 15 Oct 2006 , 1:33am by cakesbyamym

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 11:02pm
post #1 of 5

I had a tasting/consultation with a bride and her mother today. The bride has a clear vision of her base design. She will need 3 tiers...chose round...with ivy trailing from the top tier, wrapping down and around the 2nd, and wrapping down to the bottom tier. I sketched this out for her, but would like to SHOW her an example of how this cake looks made. I've looked all over online, and can't find a single one with an ivy cascade. Plenty with rose cascades..not fully wrapping like her design...and not ivy. Can anyone help???

Thanks!!!
Amy

4 replies
twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 11:36pm
post #3 of 5

Those are so pretty Twins. I love the last one. I will have to come to you to hunt for cakes..... icon_smile.gif

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 11:46pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by spottydog

Those are so pretty Twins. I love the last one. I will have to come to you to hunt for cakes..... icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif anytime!!!

I actually learned my searching skills from ge978!!! I used to go to her for hunting cakes....that and all the searching we would do for avatars!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 1:33am
post #5 of 5

Thanks, Twins! I had found one of those that you linked to, but like you said, hard to find just ivy. My bride wants RI roses placed here and there on the ivy, but wants to dominate the decorating with marbled ivy. Thanks again for helping!!! I appreciate it greatly.

Amy

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%