How Do I Do A Cupcake Bouquet?

Baking By nicoles-a-tryin Updated 10 Jul 2010 , 10:53pm by Kima920

nicoles-a-tryin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicoles-a-tryin Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 7:47pm
post #1 of 94

Hello...I am trying to do a cupcake bouquet for next weekend, Scared! Do I staple the cups to the plate?...and the ruffle under the plate?..Any suggestions , I would SOOOOOOOOOOo appreciate!! Thank youso much. Nicole

93 replies
cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 8:17pm
post #2 of 94

I found these instructions posted on www.wilton.com for the cupcake bouquets.

mbarajas04 on Wilton.com posted these
instructions:

Here are the instructions on how to make the cupcake bouquets with some pictures also
Supplies:
19 cupcakes
19 5 oz. plastic cups
30 inches of cake ruffle (whatever color matches your theme)
One 10 1/2 inch plastic plate
Stapler
Icing Tip # 2D
Decorations (Theme of your choice, use cake toppers for the center and you may use cupcake picks, sugar layons, edible sprinkles, cupcake rings, etc. to decorate all 19 cupcakes.

Instructions:
First begin with stapling the 19 cups together. Get one cup as the center and staple 6 cups around that one cup, then staples the remainder 12 cups all around the 6 cups, it will then give you a shape of a bouquet. ( I attached a picture so you can see what it has to look like)
Second get your 10" plate and cut out the edges. Then staple the cake ruffle all around the plate.
Third, insert your 19 cupcakes in each cup.
Fourth, lets decorate!! You will need your icing tip 2D with your frosting ( the frosting can be any kind you want as long as its white. Example buttercream or pastry pride whip topping.
Using tip and icing decorate the cupcakes. You can color the icing with cupcake color mist or you can color the icing before you decorate with icing color die. Then put the sprinkles all around the top of icing. Then in the center put your main cake topper. Last put the rest of decorations on each cupcake like picks, rings, and sugar layons.

Last if you want to transport the cupcakes in your car, use a 14" cake box and cut the top off the box and cut a 10" circle in the center of the top you cut off. After you cut the circle out fold the sides of the top 2 times then insert the top inside your 14" box. That will keep the cupcakes from moving anywhere. Place the cupcake bouquet with plate in your 14"box.

Hope this helps!

cncgirl00 Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 8:19pm
post #3 of 94

Sorry, the pics didn't post with it!

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 8:42pm
post #4 of 94

I believe that this is a tutorial of a gal here at CC.

cncgirl00 Posted 15 Oct 2006 , 11:02am
post #5 of 94

It probaby is. I think I've seen the same cupcake pics on both sites so the same person probably posted it to both sites. I just couldn't find it here to post it.

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:03pm
post #6 of 94

Thank you for all your help!! I appreciate it..I am still new at the forum...Well this part..and I had to search for the reply's ..is that normal?
thanks again...

cncgirl00 Posted 17 Oct 2006 , 2:55pm
post #7 of 94

To find a topic that you have posted in, just click 'My Forum Info' and then 'Watched Topics". Everything you have posted to should be listed there.

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 18 Oct 2006 , 7:56pm
post #8 of 94

Help! I am not understanding the part of the instructions about the plastic plate. Are there pictures showing the steps? Or can someone explain it differently so thick-headed me can understand? I'm a very visual learner.

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 9:25am
post #9 of 94
cncgirl00 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 11:04am
post #10 of 94

I made 2 of these bouquets yesterday for a church event and they turned out pretty good so I'll tell you what I did. I don't know if what I did is exactly like the originals, though. I stapled the ruffle to a cheapo paper plate about an inch in from the edge. My little stapler wouldn't staple through the disposible plastic plate. Then I set this plate on the plastic plate for stability and the cupcakes on top of the paper plate. I didn't hot glue them together but I guess you could if you were worried they would come apart. Mine turned out great and I didn't have any problems transporting them. I made a 9" round cutout (traced a salad plate) in an old pizza box to set them in so they wouldn't slide around. Hope this helps.
LL

cncgirl00 Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 11:32am
post #11 of 94

Oh, thanks for all you help starlght72. I had already finished mine when I read your pm. But I was on the right track.

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 22 Oct 2006 , 3:53pm
post #12 of 94

Thank you so much for your help. I feel better now..And by the way yours looks beautiful!! thank you again..Nicole

nicoles-a-tryin Posted 29 Oct 2006 , 5:58pm
post #13 of 94

Thank you so much for all your help everyone!!! I did just make one..It was fun...My icing didn't come out as nice as everyone elses pic's...Not sure what I did wrong..I used the 2D tip...Oh well..thanks again!!!
LL
LL

cncgirl00 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 3:21pm
post #14 of 94

I didn't have a 2D tip. I used a large closed star tip with about 1/4" opening. You need to use a large coupler or cut the bag to fit this tip. I don't know what number it is because there wasn't one on it (ateco tip).

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 4:03pm
post #15 of 94

Both bouquets are quite lovely!!!

Great Job thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 30 Oct 2006 , 6:45pm
post #16 of 94

Very pretty-looks like a bouquet of roses!

cncgirl00 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 12:03pm
post #17 of 94

I've been getting some questions about how to do the cups and ruffle so here are a few pics that might make things clearer.
LL
LL
LL

cakelady1994 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady1994 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 2:55am
post #18 of 94

cncgirl00
thank you for posting the pics for putting the cups together.sometimes i just need someone to draw me a pic icon_lol.gif

cncgirl00 Posted 16 Nov 2006 , 11:34am
post #19 of 94

N problem. Glad I could help!!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:54pm
post #20 of 94

I know this is an old topic but I'm reviving it! icon_smile.gif

Those are great pictures - how the heck do you get the thing apart to serve though? And where can I get those little plastic cups? And then when baking the cupcakes do you not use cupcake liners? Or do you use the liners too and just place the cupcake w/ liner into the little plastic cup? Is that how you get it out easily? I still don't understand how you get it out when there's so much frosting kinda all over like I've seen on some pics......

kden3980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kden3980 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:06pm
post #21 of 94

Those look sooo pretty, it might be something I will try for Mother's Dayicon_wink.gif

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:12pm
post #22 of 94

Yes, you use liners. The cupcakes don't fit all the way down into the cup, so you just lift it up by the liner. It's very simple. The hardest part is stapling the cups together.

robinleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robinleah Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:16pm
post #23 of 94

never heard of a cup ckae bouquet before. I like it. thanks to everyone for the great information.

Parable Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:40pm
post #24 of 94

I am so glad this popped up again. I was planning on attempting my first bouquet this weekend so this refresher course was perfect timing. Thanks to all.

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:47pm
post #25 of 94

Thank you for starting this topic those are gorgeous CC bouquets, great for any occasion.

cncgirl00 - thanks for taking the time to post those pictures. i'm loooking foward to do one.
Lizzie

cncgirl00 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:20pm
post #26 of 94

I found two different size cups that both work really well. You can use the original 5 oz. size or a 3.5 oz. size that I found at the Dollar General Store. Really any size that would hold the cupcake up so that only the cupcake paper is in the cup would work. The 3.5 oz holds the cupcake a little higher out of the cup. When you remove the cupcakes, you start from outside and move inward. You still may get a little icing on your fingers when you remove them.
Hope this helps!!

Parable Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:45pm
post #27 of 94

cncgirl00,

Thanks for the tip. I just got back from trying to find those dang 5 oz cups and no one has them.

classymomx3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classymomx3 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:55pm
post #28 of 94

Ok; I'm not getting something. How does the cake ruffel and 10 plate
and the cups all come together?

moniquerei Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moniquerei Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:55pm
post #29 of 94

Do you use something as the bouquet's "stem"...if so how do you attach it. My sister is getting married in may and this might be adorable for her "rehersal" bouquet. Thanks for bringing this topic back to life icon_smile.gif

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 5:08pm
post #30 of 94

Yeah...do you attach the cups to the plate?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%