Need Mmf Recipe

Baking By mocakiss86 Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 8:53pm by Letmebeurdesignr

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 8

I can't find the e-mail that I had the MMF recipe could anyone help me out I want to try it for a cake this weekend, Thanks so much

7 replies
Mchelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mchelle Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:33pm
post #2 of 8

Try doing a search for Rhonda's Ultimate MMF

CakesbyMonica Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyMonica Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:36pm
post #3 of 8

I like this one, it even has a tutorial and good directions.

I've never had a problem with it and never had it not come out.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

Daryn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:36pm
post #5 of 8

There are some in the recipes section. Not sure how everyone else does it, but I use a bag of mini marshmallows (I think 16 oz bag..name brand) put it in the bowl with 2 Tbsp water and put in the microwave for 30 second intervals. I stir between until it's melted. Then I grease the counter well with crisco, grease my hands and pour about 3/4 of the sugar on the counter (I make a little well) I knead it together and add more cricso to my hands/counter as it starts to stick. Then I add in the remainder of one box and about half the other box (1 lb boxes) until it's well mixed. I put a layer of cricso on it, put it in a zip lock bag and let it sit overnight.

Sorry, it's not in "recipe" format, I'm sure one of the guru's can give you a better recipe as I've seen it done other ways. icon_smile.gif Until last week, I was adding the full 2 lbs of sugar...hmmm..no wonder it was all crumbly! icon_smile.gif I only add about a box and a half now. HTH. icon_smile.gif

Keyshia

keyshia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
keyshia Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:38pm
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesbyMonica

I like this one, it even has a tutorial and good directions.

I've never had a problem with it and never had it not come out.

http://whatscookingamerica.net/PegW/Fondant.htm

That's the same place I got mine. icon_smile.gif I didn't have trouble with it the first time, but like I said, I found that if I decreased the sugar by 1/2 a box it was better (easier to work with?)

mocakiss86 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mocakiss86 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:44pm
post #7 of 8

Thanks so much!! anyone else have any tips? I like playing with the Wilton but want something that taste good too. Thanks again

Letmebeurdesignr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Letmebeurdesignr Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 8:53pm
post #8 of 8

has anybody added the flavorings to their wilton fondant? my instructor said that if you add the flavorings it actually tastes pretty good and doesnt taste like playdough...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%