Help Please With Cake Boards!!!!

Decorating By gacandle Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 5:16pm by freddie

gacandle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gacandle Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:19pm
post #1 of 7

i have seen soooooo many wonderful looking cake boards on cc. i have to ask how do you do it????? many of them look like regular cake boards that you can buy from craft stores but they are covered in beautiful colored and sometimes textured paper. i would love to know what this paper is and where i can find it. please help. thank you to all the wonderful people in the cc family

6 replies
rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 7

Its called fancy foil and you can purchase it at any place that sells cake supplies. You can also find it online. Hope this helps.

snowshoe1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowshoe1 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:56pm
post #3 of 7

You can also use any other type of paper (e.g. wrapping, cards, scrapbook paper, etc...) or fabric and cover with contact paper before placing your cake on the board (this makes it food-safe and prevents grease stains).

gacandle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gacandle Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:43pm
post #4 of 7

thank you so much for the information i will start looking for the fancy foil and i never thought to use contact paper!!!!!!

greyhoundlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
greyhoundlover Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:59pm
post #5 of 7

I ahve gone to the dollar store before and got a plastic table cloth and covered the board in that then put contact paper over top. it worked and looked great! I also put ribbon around the base of the cake baord.

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:11pm
post #6 of 7

All of my cakes HAVE to have ribbon to finish it off. Sometimes I use wrapping paper and then cover in contact. Then I hot glue a nice ribbon around it. The great thing about the ribbon is you can always find different kinds on clearance at all the craft stores. Like a $1 per spool and then you have all these neat ones that go with different cakes!

freddie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
freddie Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:16pm
post #7 of 7

I use different gift wrapping tissue paper and then cover with cellofane sometimes clear and sometimes with a simple pattern on the clear like snowflakes or stars.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%