Can Someone Tell Me How To Do Bct..never Heard Of It Til Now

Decorating By colocak Updated 12 Jul 2005 , 5:55pm by colocak

colocak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colocak Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:43pm
post #1 of 6

I am new here and have never heard of a buttercream transfer or freezing buttercream frosting first. I am very interested in knowing how to do this and would appreciate anyone that can tell me.

Thank you icon_smile.gif

5 replies
susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 6
Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:48pm
post #3 of 6

A BCT of FBCT stands for Frozen Buttercream Transfer.

Cali4Dawn has created a wonderful step-by-step guide with pictures on how to do this technique:
http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

Its basically like taking a coloring page drawing, then transfering it in full color onto your cake.

sls0812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sls0812 Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:50pm
post #4 of 6

You can print out a picture that you want to copy (cartoon pic or something) then flip the picture and print it. Tape it to a flat surface like a cutting board and then tape wax paper over that. Outline and then fill it in. Put it in the freezer for at least 30 minutes and then flip it onto the cake and peel off the wax paper. There are instructions on this site, but Im not sure where to find them. Here is a pic of my first BCT
LL

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:51pm
post #5 of 6

Welcome to our addiction!!! go to the tabs above and click on articles..scrow down to the bottom and you will find How To Articles (Tutorials)
There is a tutorial on BCT..Oh here see if this works if not just follow the above.. Good luck!!!! icon_biggrin.gif
http://www.cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

colocak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colocak Posted 12 Jul 2005 , 5:55pm
post #6 of 6

icon_smile.gif

Thank you all so much, when I get the chance to do this I will post my cake so you all can see!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%