Blue Ribbon Cake

Decorating By crablegs Updated 16 Aug 2007 , 2:19am by superstar

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:25pm
post #1 of 15

I have noticed several threads lately about entering cakes at the fair and it has sparked my interest. I was wondering if the little evil people of cc would share pics of their decorated fair cakes. I would also like to know if you won anything.

thanks

14 replies
mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 15

What a great thread this one could be! I wish I had one to post...haven't entered the fair since I was 9 in 4-H, but I got a blue ribbon for my non-decorated cake. icon_biggrin.gif

mazaryk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazaryk Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 12:40pm
post #3 of 15

I can't wait to see the cakes. I checked out the fair in my city (Sioux Falls, SD) and they didn't have a cake section. icon_sad.gif

crablegs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crablegs Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:02pm
post #4 of 15

come on guys....... i know you're out there

KimAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimAZ Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:37pm
post #5 of 15

Hi,
Well,I'll be first then I guess. Here are my entries for 2005 and 2006 State Fair in Arizona.

The hat box cake I won 1st place as well as a purple rosette ribbon which I "think" might be Best in Show. ( They never told me.)

The rainbow sherbet cake ( that's what I call it) won me 1st place as well.

KimAZ
LL

Brickflor Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brickflor Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 15

I entered these cakes, one was a coconut cake, the other was for the Hershey Cocoa contest. I had a lot of fun on these, they were judged first based on taste-then how they looked. I won first place for both and the coconut won best of show!
LL
LL

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 9:16pm
post #7 of 15

well mine is in another thread but I will post it here as well .. it was my very first time entering into any competition and I won a blue ribbon for first place and a purple ribbon for a specialized award .. basically meaning going above and beyond what it took to place first ... since there was no best of show ribbon I felt pretty good and then I felt even better when the superintendent of the exhibits came over to me and told me they are thinking about introducing a gold ribbon into that category because my cake should of had a gold ribbon on it!!! here he is!!
LL

charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:02pm
post #8 of 15

Great job everyone!!! COngrats on all of the ribbons. That is awesome!

4starcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4starcakes Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:30pm
post #9 of 15

Awesome!

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 2:40pm
post #10 of 15

I don't know how to post a picture here, but they are in MY PHOTOS.... The cheese cake got first place and Best of show.....( it is pretty messy, I didn't think to take a picture until after it was cut and falling.....) the carousel got first place, but I'm not sure about Best of show yet... I won't find out until Sunday....

Shyanne_Mommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shyanne_Mommy Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:25pm
post #11 of 15

Wow I guess I need to look into seeing if our Fair is going to be doing a contest or not.

These cakes look great.... Grama_J your Carousel looks so real !!! Good luck.

LilWaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LilWaby Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:31pm
post #12 of 15

Hi!

I entered a few in the fair last year. The white and coral wedding cake received 2nd place and the whimsical birthday cake received third. I also entered 1 in the fair this year, the white and blue one. It received 1st and best of show. Thanks!
LL
LL
LL

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:46pm
post #13 of 15

I entered a theme based novelty cake. (Theme-"Get your engines revin in 2007). I got first place. They didn't have a best of show category at our fair. This is the first time I've entered a cake in anything. (I've been decorating about 4 months now!).
I'm anxious to see what everybody else entered, too!

rcs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rcs Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 7:48pm
post #14 of 15

Oops, my photo didn't load! Anyway, it's the red chevy cake in my photos!

superstar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superstar Posted 16 Aug 2007 , 2:19am
post #15 of 15

Congratulations to all of you. You all deserved your wins. I have never entered anything.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%