Nickname While Cake Decorating.....

Decorating By Mencked Updated 17 Aug 2007 , 11:53am by PatricesPieces

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 7:02pm
post #1 of 50

I was wondering if anyone else's family has given them a nickname, used only when cake decorating? Of course everyone is probably called "The Cake Lady" or something like that, except for Doug icon_biggrin.gif but apparantly I get a little cranky when I have lots of cakes to do, because my family has dubbed me, "The Cake Nazi." Geez, I didn't think I was that bad icon_lol.gif Anyway, I got to thinking that surely I'm not the only one with a "special" nickname..... How about you guys?

49 replies
alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:13pm
post #2 of 50

I don't have a nickname but my husband clears the family out of the home when I have to put a cake together. He knows I become evil!! But I can admit that. The last cake I made he had gotten a sitter for the kids for several hours on construction day while he was out of town. On the day the cake was to be delivered I realized my tip that I needed to finish the cake at the venue had gone through the disposal. I just had to run up to Michaels and didn't want to take my kids with me. When I called to find out if he'd be home before I had to deliver the cake and he said no I hung up on him.

dezzib27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dezzib27 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:18pm
post #3 of 50

I am sure I have nicknames that no one wants to tell me about!! My kids always take off to their grandpa's when I get into my cakes!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:21pm
post #4 of 50

Not so much when doing cakes, but as we are packing up for a catering, and I'm going over and over my lists .... .what I need, what's been packed, what's been loaded, what I need, what needs loaded, do I have everything, where's the water pans, do we have the silverware, etc..... they refer to it as "She's in Melt Down - Phase II".

OMG you should have seen me the day I lost my list!!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:21pm
post #5 of 50

Buttercream Queen or Icing Beotch...I did NOT deserve the second one. icon_biggrin.gif

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:29pm
post #6 of 50

I'm referred to as the kitchen Nazi. It's when I'm in the kitchen doing anything, not just cakes. Sometimes the dog even runs! I just hate people in my way when I'm trying to do something, but I really try to not be horrible about it. icon_redface.gif
I like Icing Beotch! That's funny.

JawdroppingCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JawdroppingCakes Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:31pm
post #7 of 50

My family usually says "watch out here comes betty crocker". I think its pretty funny.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:31pm
post #8 of 50

lol when i have big orders or ones that are complicated hubby tries to get the kids out of my hair for the day and put them to work lol.. most times though i'm lucky and their at school while i can do my dastardly deeds- er bake and decorate (grins)

TOMAY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TOMAY Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:33pm
post #9 of 50

Nope no nick name just a phase ....... when amking cakes i shave of my tops and make the family taste test ended up one day screaming at my husband and brother to just eat the cake so now everytime the mixer fires up I hear the peanut gallery screaming to the top of their lungs "east the cake"

alanahodgson Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanahodgson Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:33pm
post #10 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdqueen

Buttercream Queen or Icing Beotch...I did NOT deserve the second one. icon_biggrin.gif

I almost peed myself!

DiannaSue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiannaSue Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:50pm
post #11 of 50

I have this thing that I have to be completley by myself when I am baking and decorating. Don't know why but I have always been like that, this house has to be completley empty. Thank God kids are all grown and on their own and DH works.

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:53pm
post #12 of 50

when i have tricky things to accomplish details etc on cakes i too need this alone time. i sometimes have a glass of wine while i work, helps keep the edge off lol. and for the record after that note- no i dont have a business lol. icon_wink.gif

Candy120 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Candy120 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:54pm
post #13 of 50

My license plate says "CAK LDY"...(we can only have six letters)...everyone in town knows me as the cake lady!!

Mencked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mencked Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 8:57pm
post #14 of 50

I'm so relieved that others feel the need to be left alone while decorating--I just wish I could escape somewhere when I'm decorating, or that my darling family could just disappear....if they just wouldn't interrupt me, I wouldn't have to become the Cake Nazi on such a regular basis icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif!!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:07pm
post #15 of 50

I am referred to as the 'Cake Tyrant' when I am in cake-mode.....but the kids have learned their lesson and now they mostly just run when they see that gleam in my eye icon_biggrin.gif

katerpillrgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katerpillrgrl Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:16pm
post #16 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Not so much when doing cakes, but as we are packing up for a catering, and I'm going over and over my lists .... .what I need, what's been packed, what's been loaded, what I need, what needs loaded, do I have everything, where's the water pans, do we have the silverware, etc..... they refer to it as "She's in Melt Down - Phase II".

OMG you should have seen me the day I lost my list!!!!!! icon_surprised.gif

ROFL if that's only "phase II" I'd hate to see what phase III is like. HAHA you crack me up.

smoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smoore Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:19pm
post #17 of 50

No nickname yet (I'm relatively new to this), but my DH has been pulling the kids away from asking me a million questions and all the "I'm hungry" comments telling them "let's leave mommy alone to play for a little bit" -- finally, I get to play and get paid for it! Of course, when he's not there, I just let them raid the pantry and get filled up with junk food! icon_smile.gif

kettlevalleygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kettlevalleygirl Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 9:21pm
post #18 of 50

DiannaSue & GenGen - I'm with you, love to have the peace and quiet of the house all to myself, Love wine, but actually save it for later, after the cake is done. I would lose all ambition!! icon_lol.gif

leta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leta Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 5:06am
post #19 of 50

I don't have a nickname, but my husband always talks about going to sleep to the whirr of the kitchenaid.

juledcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juledcakes Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 12:00pm
post #20 of 50

damn cupcakes, because i work at a sam's bakery and the amount of cupcakes we go through especialy at halloween and valentine's day, so i always go around mumbling damn cupcakes lol

julia

cmeridge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cmeridge Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 1:50pm
post #21 of 50

Since my kids are too young to give me a nick name, not to mention that I have trained them not to say mean things to people. icon_wink.gif I know my DH has names for me that he tell his friends, but I haven't heard them. I too have to be left alone, when I am baking and decorating. The drive me nuts when they hear the mixer and then they come running asking can we have the left over icing. icon_mad.gif That's when I call for there father to come and play with them. My kids are 4 and 8 so it doesn't take much to keep them busy.

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 6:17pm
post #22 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by geenieyez

My family usually says "watch out here comes betty crocker". I think its pretty funny.

How funny!!! My DH calls me betty crocker's granddaughter!!! At least when things are going well, otherwise he just stays clear of me and the house when I am working on my cakes.

mgdqueen wrote:
Buttercream Queen or Icing Beotch...I did NOT deserve the second one.

He would probably love to call me the Icing Beotch!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:12pm
post #23 of 50

One of the names my DH calls me rhymes with "witch" - LOL!

I'm not very pleasant if something goes wrong - he usually hides out somewhere and stays completely out of my way. Sometimes he'll come in and ask if my "other" personality has come out - he's afraid of my other personality icon_lol.gif

dacakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dacakelady Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:26pm
post #24 of 50

Well for me, it's simply "the cake lady"... my family and my neighbors from my old apartment building called me that(I think cause they couldn't remember my name icon_lol.gif ) It's cool, I may use that for a future business venture...

alittlesliceofhaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alittlesliceofhaven Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:38pm
post #25 of 50

I haven't been doing this long enough to get negative names (in fun of course), but my husband does call me "Little Chef" after seeing Ratatouille (I'm 4'11").

I only get to bake and decorate after they are ALL in bed (husband included). Even then I get interrupted - baby waking up, dog needs to go out, dog needs to come in, dog need to go out....

thecupcakemom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecupcakemom Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:39pm
post #26 of 50

The Cupcake Mom...hence the name of my business.

ozcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ozcake Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:43pm
post #27 of 50

My DH calls me Cakehead because I am always thinking about cake stuff icon_wink.gif

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:43pm
post #28 of 50

I get the "Crazy Cake Lady" - because I can't just bring a sheet cake to a party it always has to be some 3D sculpted thing. It shocks people sometimes when they don't really know me and I offer to bring a cake and show up with a life size hockey player or bucket of "beer" - I get a kick out of that! LOL!

I also had one friend of mine call me Sugar Mama!

jessi01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessi01 Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:44pm
post #29 of 50

My husband calls me Martha Crocker ? icon_confused.gif ? I usually end up staying up late at night to work too, I love it when theres no one asking if they can eat this or lick that! icon_lol.gif

AnneZA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnneZA Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 11:55pm
post #30 of 50

My daughter is completely into computer games, so I've been calling her a Gamer. Noticing that I have scads of books, videos, and spend all my time learning about cake, she calls me a Caker.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%