How Do I Get These Fondant Colors....?

Decorating By bellejoey Updated 20 Jan 2015 , 3:49am by theslice

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:19pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone! I'm in need of some help w/ fondant color mixing...it isn't going so well! icon_sad.gif How do I achieve the color tan, cream or beige with fondant? These are some of the colors for a baby shower cake that I am doing....I tried mixing ivory w/ a touch of brown...but it doesn't look tan, cream or beige! Help! icon_cry.gif

5 replies
spongemomsweatpants Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spongemomsweatpants Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:23pm
post #2 of 6

hmm I am not sure as I have never made that color, but right from the off I am thinking start with yellow then slowly add brown?

kelly75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly75 Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 6

I use a colour called 'Caramel / Ivory' by Bennets (UK brand). Depending on the amount you add it will give you cream, beige and tan.

Kelly

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:35pm
post #4 of 6

Maybe keep adding brown a little at a time until you get the shade. Remember the colors deepen as they set. This is what I did to achieve the color grey I needed for an elephant gumpaste accent I needed.

bellejoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bellejoey Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 8:59pm
post #5 of 6

Thanks! These are strange colors, I know...when the lady sent me the pics, the colors looked peach to me...but apparently they are cream, beige, and tan! ....I think I finally mixed a color that looks close to it. I wish I had Kelly75's caramel! That sounds great! I think I will try the yellow and brown now and see if that is better. Thanks you guys!! icon_smile.gif

theslice Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theslice Posted 20 Jan 2015 , 3:49am
post #6 of 6

hey, were you able to achieve the beige color?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%