Adding Pumpkin Spice Pudding

Decorating By kaychristensen Updated 9 Nov 2008 , 8:31pm by redpanda

kaychristensen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaychristensen Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 5:50am
post #1 of 23

OK I am trying the pumpkin pudding in mix tonight. Wish me luck.

22 replies
kaychristensen Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 6:12am
post #2 of 23

I just took them out of the oven. The didn't raise much. So I will wait to taste. I made it with butter recipe BC mix. I added pumkin pudding mix an extra egg and extra fourth cup water. The batter was thick so I wondered how it would go. I have only added pudding one other time to a french vanilla cake mix. I used oil not butter and I didn't add an extra egg. And it raised so was that my problem?? It is cooling so I don't know the taste yet. WISH me luck thumbs_up.gif

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 6:25am
post #3 of 23

I don't believe I've ever heard of pumpkin pudding mix. What brand is it? It sounds good for enhancing a mix.

kaychristensen Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 6:30am
post #4 of 23

It is jello brand. It is pumpkin spice pudding. Limited for holidays. I just got it a few days ago and thought I would try it. But like I said I have only tried using pudding one other time. So I am a newbie to this. Have you added puddings before?? It seems very dense it didn't raise much. Input would be helpful. It is still cooling icon_cry.gif

CarolAnn Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 6:57am
post #5 of 23

I've used the white choc pudding mix to enhance a white mix and liked how it turned out. I can't remember exactly what recipe I used right now and will have to look tomorrow. Had dbl foot surgery recently and can feel swelling coming on fast. Good luck! I'll have get some of the pumpkin while it's available. Sounds very good.

kaychristensen Posted 10 Oct 2006 , 7:03am
post #6 of 23

CarolAnn I feel for you I need bunion surgery and am putting it off. Sister and 1 Aunt had it with bad results. ! Aunt had good results. I can't handle being off my feet so don't know that I will do it. So I feel for you big time. And I am sure pain drugs make you crazy like it does me icon_cry.gif I have been taking cough meds with codine and don't have a brain half the time lately icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif So love to her input when you can icon_smile.gif I hate pain so hope you don't have much.

CarolAnn Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 2:59am
post #7 of 23

Well, I hate to cause you to put off what you need done but this is pretty painful, especially having two surgical site on each foot, exactly the same thing. Was either have both done now and the other in a few months or both now. I'd kick myself but don't have a spare foot to do it with...LOL Yah I'm not one to sit around much either so it's about killing me. However I did just put some brownies in the oven. Been lying there thinking abo9ut brownies all day.

kaychristensen Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 4:35am
post #8 of 23

UPDATE OMG the cake tastes AWESOME. icon_surprised.gif It is more of a bar though. It is pretty dense since I did it with the butter cake and I added an additional egg. I don't know if that is why. It is very moist and the pumpkin flavor is great. It would be an AWESOME bar with some cream cheese icing on it. I just love the cake all by itself. I can't get enough of it. I wonder if I make it with the French Vanilla and not add the extra egg if it would be more cake like. But like I said it tastes AWESOME thumbs_up.gif I am very glad I tried this. I make these for christmas baskets I give away. Easier than making my pumpkin bread and it tastes better icon_lol.gif

kaychristensen Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 4:36am
post #9 of 23

UPDATE OMG the cake tastes AWESOME. icon_surprised.gif It is more of a bar though. It is pretty dense since I did it with the butter cake and I added an additional egg. I don't know if that is why. It is very moist and the pumpkin flavor is great. It would be an AWESOME bar with some cream cheese icing on it. I just love the cake all by itself. I can't get enough of it. icon_lol.gif I wonder if I make it with the French Vanilla and not add the extra egg if it would be more cake like. But like I said it tastes AWESOME thumbs_up.gif I am very glad I tried this. I will make these for christmas baskets I give away. Easier than making my pumpkin bread and it tastes better icon_lol.gif

mxpark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mxpark Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 4:49am
post #10 of 23

mmm...i will have to go buy some of this pudding! sounds so yummy!

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 11 Oct 2006 , 8:28pm
post #11 of 23

where did you get your pudding mix from, I've looked for it at 2 grocery stores and I can't find it.

kaychristensen Posted 12 Oct 2006 , 5:05am
post #12 of 23

I found it at a local grocery store Boogarts. I looked at Wal-mart tonight and didn't see it there. I also looked at another local grocery store tonight they didn't have it either. So I asked if they would be getting any in and she didn't know. I will go back to the store where I bought it and find out how they got it. I am friends with the stock girl. So I will see what I can find out. I even went on the jello site to see if they had anything and they didn't icon_cry.gif I reallt thought this would be easy to find. I guess I will go broke buying a bunch if I can't find anything out. I will keep you guys posted thumbs_up.gif

kaychristensen Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 4:54am
post #13 of 23

Ok the news isn't good icon_cry.gif I talked to stock girl today. The store has to pre order them months ago. icon_surprised.gif We have 4 grocery stores and Wal-mart here. She said her store and one other preordered. The other store is already out. There store has some more left (I bought 15 boxes) But they can't reorder them in. Since it is limited time only it is only what you preordered you get. Maybe everyone should email kraft and jello and complain. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif But I am going to take her some of my cake tomorrow. I told her what I did with it and her and another girl I was talking to said I made there mouths water. So my plan is to take them some and see if she will save the rest for ME thumbs_up.gif Maybe I could mail you guys some. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kaychristensen Posted 13 Oct 2006 , 11:50pm
post #14 of 23

I took the cake to the store and to a gas station where I get my pop. The girls at the store were amazed at the flavor. Theywent and got the owner to have him try it. They were all like OMG this is so moist and delish. icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I took plenty for everyone who was working and they were all fighting over it. It made me feel great that I discovered the pudding. But yet sad cause when they are out they are out. icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Now both girls are going to make some of the cakes for there families. And the guys at the gas station love anything I take them. Free food for college guys will get eaten. icon_biggrin.gif They said it tasted good though. I am hopeing to get some more pudding next week. I told the stock girl to save me some.

thunderkittenn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thunderkittenn Posted 14 Oct 2006 , 1:43am
post #15 of 23

That does sound sooo good. I love my moms pumpkin rolls and I bet this would be good for her to do for our family dinners. Thanks for the idea and I am going to look for the pudding around here.

CindyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CindyW Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 3:30am
post #16 of 23

I just bought the pumpkin spice pudding, do you think it would be better added to yellow cake or french vanilla? I have a spice cake mix, I wonder how that would be?
Any advice?
Cindy

kaychristensen Posted 21 Oct 2006 , 6:29am
post #17 of 23

I used the butter recipe cake and it was AWESOME. I had rave reviews on the cake I took to 2 businesses. I think the spice would be ok but maybe to spicey. I think french vanilla would be good also. I thought about trying that one also. Good luck thumbs_up.gif My family can't get enough of the cake icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif They can't wait for more.

vicky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vicky Posted 23 Oct 2006 , 6:35pm
post #18 of 23

I haven't heard of or seen pumpkin pudding before but I would love it. I went to Nestle's website and found a recipe on their site. This is if no one can find the pudding. Thanks for the tip. http://www.verybestbaking.com/recipes/detail.aspx?ID=28454
Vicky

Paizley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paizley Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:19am
post #19 of 23

Oh I just love this pudding! I discovered it last year and have been waiting to get my hands on some this year to make a cake with. I went to my Walmart supercenter last week and they had it hanging at the end of the cake decorating aisle in the craft section, so if you're looking for it you might want to check there too.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 7:51am
post #20 of 23

I made a spice cake with the pumpkin pudding last weekend, and it was wonderful. I use the DH spice cake mix, the pudding mix, an extra egg, the recommended amount of oil, and only 1 cup of water. It was moist and good textured, not heavy or bar-like at all.

dg10148 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dg10148 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:51am
post #21 of 23

I GOT THIS LAST YEAR VERY HARD TO FIND. I MIXED IT WITH RICHES BETTERCREAM AND A LITTLE MARSHMELLOW FLUFF FILLED PRE BAKED MINI PIE SHELLS ADDED A LITTLE WHIPED CREAM ON TOP SOOOOOOOO GOOD.

KathyB101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KathyB101 Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 1:45pm
post #22 of 23

Hello Everyone, your recipes sound so good I will have to try them all. I've never heard of Pumpkin Pudding? It does sound like it would be delish in many recipes. I know in my small town it would be hard to find we have only one store to shop and a Mini Market.***Here is my pumpkin spice cake.....I use one box DH Spice Cake Mix add 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice to the mix, I use sometimes 1 1/2 tsp. depends on how much spice you prefer. Use canned pumpkin puree(plain flavor) for the water measurements, and oil. add 3 eggs. mix well but don't over mix. The batter will be very thick..prepare your bake pans and bake according to the directions on the box. I make a vanilla cream cheese frosting to ice my cake when it is cooled. This cake is soo easy and fast to prepare only 1 cake mix. canned pumpkin (plain) 3 eggs..It disappeares fast, my brothers can't wait for the cake to cool. I sent my neighbor a cake for the Holidays..They asked me what bakerey did I go to ? It was the best compliment ever..I am not a professional baker..I just love to bake.

redpanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
redpanda Posted 9 Nov 2008 , 8:31pm
post #23 of 23

KathyB101--that reminds me, I actually did add about 1 cup of canned pumpkin to the cake, and reduced the water to 1/2 cup.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%