For Those Of You In Texas!

Business By diane Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 2:30pm by SweetConfectionsChef

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 11 Aug 2007 , 6:47pm
post #1 of 7

does anyone know just about how much would it cost to start up a business in texas? i know you have to have "commercial stuff" and i was wondering if anyone who has a separate kitchen in texas can tell me just how much i will be needing to start a business. thanks for the help! icon_lol.gif

6 replies
diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 4:44pm
post #2 of 7

anyone????? icon_confused.gif

KittyPTerror Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittyPTerror Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 7

I think it's just really too dependent on what you do and where you are and all that other stuff. You know, Texas is a really big state! Starting something up in Lubbock is a lot cheaper than starting something in Houston, and it really all depends on how big you want to go.

meancat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meancat Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 12:57am
post #4 of 7

Depends if you are renting out a spot of if you are going to buy a spot - most commercial grade things are expensive - I'm working on starting a place and am taking out a loan for at least 15k so that I can make sure it passes inspection and to buy all of the equipment.

Misdawn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misdawn Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 1:03am
post #5 of 7

In the town where I live, by ciry ordinance, you must have a completely separate facility from your home. It must be equipped with men's and women's restrooms. Iy must have a three compartment sink and a wall dispenser for sanitizer. It must have a walk-in cooler that refrigerates below 55 degrees at all times. Ceilings must be at least 8" floor to ceiling, and the building must be handicapped accessible. Everything else is pretty much the norm. You know... commercial refrigerator, oven, etc.

monnitas0808 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monnitas0808 Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 1:17am
post #6 of 7

Well I just started up my business in TEXAS and I am up to my 25k loan....so much needed it's so stressfull!!!!! BUT REALIZING A DREAM!! thumbs_up.gif

SweetConfectionsChef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetConfectionsChef Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:30pm
post #7 of 7

I am in Harris County and didn't have to have commercial grade equipment. I began with $5k and have invested another $3k over the last 2 1/2 years. I am getting ready to upgrade to commercial equipment which will be about $6k.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%