Can You Use Mm Fondant For Cookies?

Decorating By AKS Updated 14 Jul 2005 , 12:59am by AKS

AKS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKS Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 1:13pm
post #1 of 9

I'd like to use MM Fondant to "frost" cookies: use the cookie cutter and lay the MM fondant on top of the cookie, securing with clear vanilla and decorating the accents with melted chocolate. (I'm making jack-o-lantern cookies.) So-if I can use it, can I freeze them after I decorate with the chocolate, or should I let them thaw first and then decorate with the chocolate? The MM Fondant would be colored orange. Does that make a difference with the thawing? What would be the best way to defrost these? Thanks so much!
-Alysa

8 replies
CIndymm4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CIndymm4 Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 2:01pm
post #2 of 9

Well I know you can use fondant on the cookies but I don't think you are suppose to freeze fondant.

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 9

Good question! I would like to know too. I have used fondant also, but i dont like the taste. I use BC on cookies the color flow is the best thing I have used and the cookies to proffesional with color flow. Anyone used MMF???

JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 7:49pm
post #4 of 9

It works fine to freeze the fondant after it is on the cookies. When they thaw, there could be some condensation. For the best results, take the frozen cookies out of the packaging, lay them out on trays or racks and let them defrost and dry without touching them. Any condensation will evaporate and the cookies will be as if new.

It takes very little to fix the fondant to the cookie. too much vanilla, and the fondant can get damp.

AKS Posted 11 Jul 2005 , 10:02pm
post #5 of 9

Thanks so much for your replies.
-Alysa

newtocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocakes Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:11am
post #6 of 9

I use MMF fondant on cookies all the time. I have some posted in my photos. I love the way it looks and the MMF tastes good with the cookies. I have not freezed them yet, they usually get eaten Pretty quickly!
Thena

gma1956 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gma1956 Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:20am
post #7 of 9

newtocakes I just looked at your photos. Good job on all. Do all your cookies have mmf on them? And AKS what do you mean by "securing with clear vanilla"?

newtocakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocakes Posted 13 Jul 2005 , 3:28am
post #8 of 9

Thank you! Yes all the cookies I have posted here have MMF on them with almond sugar glaze accents. I also use clear vanilla to secure the MMf on the cookies. I cut the MMF how I want and then I brush the back of the fondant with clear vanilla and then place the MMF on the cookie. The vanilla helps the MMF stick to the cookie.
Thena

AKS Posted 14 Jul 2005 , 12:59am
post #9 of 9

Thanks, guys. I appreciate the help. I think I'll just freeze the naked cookies and put the fondant on a couple of days before, keeping them individually wrapped for freshness. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%