Coffeemate!!

Decorating By Momof4luvscakes Updated 12 Oct 2006 , 6:00pm by riveritaly

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 39

Just got back from WalMart to get the Vanilla Caramel creamer I have heard so much about, and they have the new Holiday ones out!! I also picked up Peppermint Mocha, Pumpkin Spice, Gingerbread, and of course coconut creme. I have a cake in the oven right now with the Vanilla Caramel. I think I'll try the Peppermint Mocha in a cake and some buttercream!!

38 replies
SweetDolly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetDolly Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 39

Woo Hoo! Thanks! Can't wait to try those. I used Vanilla Caramel for the first time this weekend, and drove DH nuts - he wanted to try to guess what was different with the cake (he noticed it right away - I didn't say a word!), but never got it. I will never make another cake without this 'special' ingredient!

daisygurlvb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daisygurlvb Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 5:56pm
post #3 of 39

I tried a white cake with the pumpkin spice liquid creamer in it.

I frosted with cream cheese icing (and in the middle of the layers too)

Came out FANTASTIC!! Was soo yummy. I personally hate pumpkin and spice cakes. however, this was just a light enough of a flavor that it was good.

I'll have to try that peppermint mocha one !! yummy.

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 39

I tried the vanilla/caramel powdered creamer in a white cake on Sunday. It was the 1st time I had ever done it so I saved a little bit of the batter out and made a cupcake for me to taste. Needless to say it was AMAZING!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

I used 2 tbsp of creamer for each box of cake mix with vanilla pudding and an extra egg.

This cake was made for a hospital celebrating 30 years and is being used in a cake walk.

I will post a picture once I finish it tonight.

P.S. I was thinking, after I tasted the cake, it might could have used a little more creamer. IMO icon_smile.gif

usaribbon.gif

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:31pm
post #5 of 39

Hmmm...can't wait to try those holiday flavors. I bought the hazlenut to try this week.

KimmysKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KimmysKakes Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:33pm
post #6 of 39

The only vanilla caramel powdered creamer I found is sugar free! Is this the one everyone uses????

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:33pm
post #7 of 39

You guys are driving me crazy All these wonderful cakes with exotic flavors and fillings. I can't stand it. I bought some vanilla caramel creamer, it's in the fridge as we speak. I MUST go and bake and then frost/fill with v/c goodness before I do anything else....

JMama3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JMama3 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:34pm
post #8 of 39

Ok,what is the deal with the creamer?Tell me how you add it??J

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:42pm
post #9 of 39

Do you sub it for something or what?

daisygurlvb Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:47pm
post #10 of 39

I used the liquid creamer in place of the water.

Came out so moist.

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 6:49pm
post #11 of 39

Thanks for the heads up. I was there last week and picked up the coconut creme, but didn't see the holiday flavors. Gotta get some...

-Rezzy

ConnieB Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:02pm
post #12 of 39
Quote:
Quote:

The only vanilla caramel powdered creamer I found is sugar free! Is this the one everyone uses????

They have regular and sugar free at my grocery store (Krogers). I use the regular.

usaribbon.gif

nickshalfpint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nickshalfpint Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:08pm
post #13 of 39

I'm lost. When do you add the creamer?

moralna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moralna Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:13pm
post #14 of 39

Yes, please - can you tell me as well - what is up with the liquid and powdered creamers? How much do you add when using and when do you put it in the cake and does it replace an ingredient? Is it for scratch cakes or can it be used to enhance the taste of the boxed mixes?

daisygurlvb Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:17pm
post #15 of 39

I've only done this once, so I'm hardly an expert.

I added liquid creamer in place of all the water for a regular white boxed cake mix (duncan hines). I added it as I was mixing my cake, after I added the oil etc. (when you'd normally add the water).

I haven't tried the powdered stuff or on a scratch cake yet.

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:22pm
post #16 of 39

I used the powdered vanilla/caramel creamer in my white cake. I added 2 TBSP when I was adding all the other ingredients (oil, water, eggs) and it turned out great.

I cannot find the Vanilla/Chai Coffeemate in my grocery store, but I bought the General Foods International Chai Latte tea mix and I'm going to try my next cake with that. I figure you are just adding a flavour so it should be okay.

auntsushi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntsushi Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:23pm
post #17 of 39

Eggnog is out there, too, for the holiday flavors !!!!

YUM !!!

I'm thinking of buying all of the flavors and making a 6" cake with all of them, bringing them to work at the same time, and having people sample them so they can tell me their favorite. Imagine how many orders you could get out of all of these flavors.......

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Chef_Stef Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chef_Stef Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:24pm
post #18 of 39

For scratch recipe and powdered coffee mate,

I added 2 TB of vanilla caramel powder with the dry ingred, to Rose Levy Berenbaum's white velvet cake, and it was just right and got rave reviews from the customer. I wouldn't use more than that; the cupcakes I had of the extra batter were really rich (but very good).

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:28pm
post #19 of 39

Wow, this is so cool! I had no idea I had started such a buzz about the vanilla caramel creamer. I'm definitely going to look for some of the holiday flavors next time I go to the grocery store! I'll bet you could add a little to some sugar cookie or shortbread cookie dough too for a little flavor boost. Hmmm......

Keep posting your results!!! icon_biggrin.gif

moralna Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:31pm
post #20 of 39

. .. so just that i understand - because you know i can't wait to try it . . . if you are using the powdered flavored creamer, you add 2 tbspns in addition to the other mixes; if you are adding the liquid you add it in place of the amount of water/milk required in the recipe - is that right?

cncgirl00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cncgirl00 Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:32pm
post #21 of 39

I added the vanilla caramel creamer to a white cake mix last night and it was so yummy. Can't wait to try amaretto and hazelnut.

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:42pm
post #22 of 39

I just finished making a 12 inch cake for my SIL and I used 3 boxes of mix. Replaced one of the measures of water with the vanilla caramel liquid creamer. Made Buttercream Dream and replaced 2 tablespoons of the liquid with the same creamer. It tastes GOOD!!! I'm taking this cake to a BDay party tonight, so we'll see what every one else thinks!

Staki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staki Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:44pm
post #23 of 39

I was so excited about using coffee creamer in cakes/icing to give it a different flavor that I just "had" to make my friend a cake for her birthday..even if she wanted one or not...hehe.

I used the powdered vanilla caramel creamer in a white cake mix. I had some leftover cake batter so I made cupcakes for me and my DH to try. OMG...my sweet little DH went ape over it. I do have to admit it did taste VERY delish! I can't wait to try other flavor combinations!

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:47pm
post #24 of 39

I am going to cry, because I can't find ANY of these things in any of the shops in the UK where I live .... boo hoo!
Hubby is going to USA (Minneapolis) for work this week, I'm wondering if I can get him to bring me some back!!! Actually, don't know if they would allow it on the plane ... what do you guys think!???

moralna Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:48pm
post #25 of 39

See if he can pack it in his suitcase and check in his luggage.

Staki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Staki Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:49pm
post #26 of 39

eilers...have they taken the ban off liquids in the UK?

MsTonyasCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsTonyasCakes Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:49pm
post #27 of 39

I used the powdered creamer this weekend too. I had to make mini pound cakes as visitor gifts at our church Sunday. I used the vanilla caramel in my pound cake and it was WONDERFUL!!!! My pound cake also calls for 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, I only had 3/4 cup so I substituted the 1/4 cup with my liquid french vanilla that I use in my coffee. OH YUM!!! So, it had 2TBSP of powdered vanilla caramel substituted for the same amount of flour AND 1/4 cup french vanilla liquid creamer sub for same amount of cream.

ABSOLUTELY HEAVENLY!!!

I took a sample mini loaf into Sunday School and everyone absolutely raved about it. They were all trying to think of reasons to order a whole cake from me. I LOVE IT!!!

ConnieB Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:53pm
post #28 of 39

Has anybody ever used the powdered creamer in thier BC?

I want to try it but I'm scared it might be to sweet, maybe add a little salt????

usaribbon.gif

eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 7:58pm
post #29 of 39

Have no idea Staki .. Hubby seems to think it still applies. Wonder if we can get something into his checked luggage moralna!!!
I WANT some of this stuff!!!

daisygurlvb Posted 9 Oct 2006 , 8:01pm
post #30 of 39

I haven't traveled in a while so I don't know about all the bans.

However, it would seem if liquids were banned, that you'd be fine if he picked you up the powdered creamer.

Just have him get a big box of the powdered vanilla/caramel and put it in his suitcase, then it shouldn't be any issue.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%