Ggrrr Fondant !!

Decorating By Brandonsmommy Updated 10 Aug 2007 , 3:44am by Lcarey

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 12:47am
post #1 of 4

Ok, so I am trying to work w/ Fondant. Tyring to get over my fear of it. Well..................it AIN'T working out so well!! icon_mad.gif

I have the Wilton, b/c that's what avaible to me at the moment. It is sticking ALL over the place. I tried the powdered sugar method, no luck still sticking. It is humid here but it's 72 in my house (have central air) Not sure what else to do. I am trying to make cards and poker chips for DH's birthday cake for monday.

Any suggestions??

3 replies
Lcarey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcarey Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 1:09am
post #2 of 4

Ok I will admit that this is my first time working with fondant also, just today but a good friend who does TONS with fondant said that using cornstarch instead of the powdered sugar works really well, doesn't stick so much since sugar is sticky and cornstarch isn't. Worth a try, it's what I'm using and seems to be working ok.

good luck, hope this helps.
Lara

Brandonsmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brandonsmommy Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 2:30am
post #3 of 4

Lara,

Thanks for the idea! It works great for me! thumbs_up.gif No stickiness, and since I am in the DR I am not as worried about it getting on the carpet, the thought of the powdered sugar on there was making me nervous. Don't need sticky carpets. icon_confused.gif

Lcarey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcarey Posted 10 Aug 2007 , 3:44am
post #4 of 4

so glad this worked for you. I just finished cutting out blue and red flames with my fondant. I was concerned about the cornstarch showing since the colors are so dark but discovered that if I just lightly brush a little water over the fondant after I'm done it makes it shiny and takes the cornstarch powder look away.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%