Omg, How Terribly Rude!!! Very Long!!!

Decorating By RisqueBusiness Updated 8 Oct 2006 , 8:54pm by littlecake

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:25am
post #1 of 29

When I decided to specialize in naughty cakes back in June, I got a cell phone to take those orders. That was the number that was on the cards I first gave out..granted.

last night I get home around 11:30 pm and for kicks and giggles was able to keep my eyes open long enough to read my emails..I get an email from someone that I did a cake for ( a basket company that does PASSION PARTIES!!) almost 3 months ago...that they needed a cake for Saturday and that I needed to call her to talk about the icing.

Ok, well I email her back and being so tired....I meant to send her my store number and my cell phone but in my exhaustion I ended up combining the 2 numbers and sent her the wrong one!!...MY BAD?!!!!

I fowarded the email to my store email account, but I got here an hour earlier and been RUSHED off my feet all day long...as I had YET another TV appearance last night!!!

So...she shows up around 2, and says " WHERE'S MY CAKE?" I was like whaaaaaaaa? I was in the back peeling carrots for carrot cake!

She was very excited..( po'ed...) Where's my cake, I called you and left you message after message!! don't you answer your phone, I placed my order on Thursday...blah, blah, blah ..stinking blah...and she's just getting louder and louder and louder.

Of course I got calmer and calmer...I told her..I'm sorry, but NO I didn't get her messages and that my cell phone was fried..( had a power surge and I haven't been able to go to cingular to get another one ) but, that if she hadn't heard back from me, she should've just come over to the shop, as she well knows where it is.

Nothing I could say would calm this woman down. I was lucky that I had some extra "cakes" and I promised to have one decorated and delivered in about 2 hours. So, she leaves....

Mind you I have another cake to deliver around 3 pm at 15 street, her cake needed to be at 19 street, so I call the first one and let her know that HER cake was going to be a little delayed...( I threw in 1/2 dozen cake balls for her patience ) so...at 3:40-3:45...SCREAMING MIMI calls and tells me that the cake needs to be at 19 Street at "SUCH AND SUCH CLUB"...I mention that I need an address as I don't know..."SUCH AND SUCH A CLUB". She tells me, let me call you right back!...

4:00 came, and I sent the first cake out....SM calls me back at 4:30 to tell me that the cake needs to be there in like 10 MINUTES. I was like, well I'm sorry. I waited for your call for 15 minutes and I had to send the other cake out ( she knew that I had that other cake to deliver as I told her that I would DROP HERS OFF FIRST, then proceed down town to deliver the other one..)

By this time she is HYSTERICAL....she has called me about 10 times, I kid you guys not...She is telling me how to RUN my business..that I her customers email her ALL the time with orders...

I nicely told her, that if SHE chose to run her business via emails, and if that worked for her...that was all well and good, but I prefer to speak one on one with my customers.

She keeps on calling me back telling me what to do with my phone, what kind of message I should leave on my phone..blah, blah , blah and more freakin' blah blah...

By this time, I have HAD it with SCREAMING MIMI...and I ask her straight up...well, it seems that I can't make you happy so do you want to cancel the order? icon_mad.gif

She goes over the edge....she still wants the cake, but is telling me not to put my name or label on the box....Then she tells me that all her customers have my cell phone number and only GOD knows HOW many have been trying to call me.... icon_confused.gif

No on obviously when they haven't called her and she hasn't emailed me..hahaha

Her frustration is that she ordered the cake from me.....and then turns around and SELLS it as if it were her own!!! icon_eek.gif

I kept my cool through out the exchange...and this BANANA was pretty rude to me!! Yelling at me like I'm a 5 year old.

I told her, Her emergency was not my concern and the same way she found her way to my store this afternoon, she could've made the effort to find me...

Now, I have a great big HONKING web site...I'm listed in the phone book!! and she KNOW where my store is...So, she decides to come by and pick up the cake....she PARKS her car ACROSS the street and calls me to come bring the cake out to her!!!!

So, I give the cake to my little volunteer....and tell him to say to her..." NO CHARGE".

I decided not to charge her, and then... let her know that since I have the tag "THE ONLY EROTIC BAKERY IN MIAMI, MAYBE EVEN FLORIDA" after the name of my business that I cannot dilute the market by selling my cakes at discount prices for her to resell.

That I will be happy to take care of ANY customer she refers to me from now on...

I had several places call me and ask me to sell my cakes at a discount and they in turn sell them to their customers and I decided NOT to do this, after all, I was the one that came up with my concept and niche market, I even had an adult shop call me and tell me what a great idea, and that we were going to make a lot of money...by me selling him my cakes...hahahahaha, yeah right! icon_twisted.gif

I had a tough time finding someone to believe in my concept and let me rent space...if it was such a GREAT IDEA...why didn't they think of it themselves?????

...So...I'm cutting her off too!

whew!
Thanks! thumbs_up.gif

28 replies
adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:45am
post #2 of 29

Holy Cow. icon_eek.gif ..I'm exhausted just reading this thing! Alright...you gave her the wrong number but how does someone believe their order is alright without some sort of confirmation by you? Dingbat.
But..I bet she tells the world that you conceded in the end and gave it to her for free.

Sorry you had to go through this. icon_sad.gif

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:46am
post #3 of 29

That was Rude! You don't need buisness like that. Your better off without all the drama. i guess i know what to look forward to when i open my buisness (which will hopefully be in febuary).

MustloveDogs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MustloveDogs Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:49am
post #4 of 29

oh my! You kept your cool waay better than I would or could have!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a b....ch! I would have told her..no confirmation...then no cake! Forget it!!!!!
How DARE she sell your cakes pretending they are hers without your knowledge! Surely that has to be illegal????????
I would permanently scratch her from the list of people you sell cakes to!
She is not worth the hassle of dealing with again!
Hugs
Keira

adven68 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:57am
post #5 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisqueBusiness

Her frustration is that she ordered the cake from me.....and then turns around and SELLS it as if it were her own!!! icon_eek.gif

I must have read this too fast the first time....
This has got to be illegal if she's doing it without your consent...

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 12:58am
post #6 of 29

Ha, I just re read my post and all the typo's YIKES.

I'm kinda shook up about this YAHOO! I'm glad that I kept my cool, but I tell you guys, she had me SHAKING, I was so upset!! I was trying to pipe a border around a cake that was being picked up, and my hands were not so steady.

It's like, EVERYONE seems to have an emergency and that ONLY theirs count!

I have been here since 10 am it's close to 9 pm and not only did I have to do about 4 custom cakes..I have to finish baking the cakes for tomorrow....I had to cook for 30 people ( the yoga teacher asked me to have some food out for her seminar ..made vegetable brown rice, Veggie Taco soup and Lime tomato coolers with carrot muffins with a yogurt honey glaze!)

and I had to deal with being yelled at like a 5 year old.

I DIVORCED my HUSBAND for that same reason! lol and THIS woman thinks that she can get away with that? NO SIRE BOB...

She's in for a surprise when I tell her to look else where for her NAUGHTY cakes!

UGH!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! lol

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:04am
post #7 of 29

wow oh wow....sounds like a DAY! Sounds like you were the picture of professionalism.....can't believe the nerve of some people!

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:07am
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by adven68

Quote:

No, that was the deal I had with her at first, but I thought that she was going to keep me busy....but...2 cakes 3 months apart is not worth it for me to put up with her.

ugh.

I know that I was driving her NUTS by staying calm and speaking softly to her..ahhaah..

When in my head I was playing ping pong with her head! heheehe icon_razz.gif

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:41am
post #9 of 29

cut her off ofcourse. she must go and bake cakes. why must she make money off of you especially is you are cutting your profits. sell them to her for full price. you shouldnt have given the cake to her for free. she only goes away thinking she was right. and she was definately wrong. btw...lisa said the cake you made for her was great.

georgies_girl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
georgies_girl Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:57am
post #10 of 29

If I were you, I would keep selling her the cakes to "resell" but I'd make sure to include my business card under the cake, on the board so that when her "customer" would find my info when serving the cake!

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:21am
post #11 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgies_girl

If I were you, I would keep selling her the cakes to "resell" but I'd make sure to include my business card under the cake, on the board so that when her "customer" would find my info when serving the cake!

Well, that's why I was going to deliver the cake to the SURF CLUB, she said not to label the box...but she never said I couldn't leave my card...lol...and my driver wears my shop logo and number on a t-shirt!

bwaaaaaaahahahaaa!

pscsgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pscsgrrl Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:21am
post #12 of 29

WOW!! Glad you could vent!!

I have to agree about the confirmation thing. I would never assume someone was doing something for me just because I emailed them. If I don't hear back, I definitely keep trying until I do.

The weekend is almost over!!!!!

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:23am
post #13 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

cut her off ofcourse. she must go and bake cakes. why must she make money off of you especially is you are cutting your profits. sell them to her for full price. you shouldnt have given the cake to her for free. she only goes away thinking she was right. and she was definately wrong. btw...lisa said the cake you made for her was great.

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for that, I've been meaning to call her or PM you, I was worried..lol

Thank you so much for the referal!

kris2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris2005 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:38am
post #14 of 29

Hey RisqueBusiness were you featured in the Miami Herald a couple months ago cuz if that was you i'm duly impressed and I still have to come and check you out one day.!!!!!!!!!11

Landa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Landa Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 2:55am
post #15 of 29
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, that was the deal I had with her at first, but I thought that she was going to keep me busy....but...2 cakes 3 months apart is not worth it for me to put up with her.

ugh.

I know that I was driving her NUTS by staying calm and speaking softly to her..ahhaah..

When in my head I was playing ping pong with her head! heheehe icon_razz.gif

Oh that totally ticks people off. I do it to my sister when she has one of her fits and she acts like something is wrong with me,LOL.

Sorry you had to deal with that. People really are so very trifling.

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 3:38am
post #16 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris2005

Hey RisqueBusiness were you featured in the Miami Herald a couple months ago cuz if that was you i'm duly impressed and I still have to come and check you out one day.!!!!!!!!!11

Yep, that was me 3 page feature on Aug. 24th. That newspaper article has jump started my business!

So far I have been featured in the Miami Herald, The New Times, A front cover of the New Times, ( I got to do the cake topper for a news story!)

on Internet radio ( got 98 thousand hits )

TV:
Zona Cero
Despierta America
LaMusica.com
El Show The Fernando Hidalgo..

Will be doing DECO DRIVE hopefully soon...got some emails from them

and doing the Gingerbread house for the PUBLIX SUPERMARKET winter campaign.

So, I"m beat...tee hee.

I am very blessed!! Hopefully all this marketing will pay off and I don't have to deal with rudeness!

Thank you all so much for letting B***H and Moan..lol

I'm not bragging on myself, just that it feels soooo good after 25 years plus, I get some recognition.

The hard part about all this is that they call you at the last minute, when they can fit you in and ask you to come loaded for bear! lol...I have thrown out about 10 cakes...because everything is custom made and I can't resell them.

I got wise this time around. I made all the cakes I had on order this weekend, brought them to the last TV program..brought them back to the store ( they were not able to show them at 7 pm too many kiddies still up..lol ) and they were ready for the customers to pick up! didn't have to throw ANY of them away!!

adven68 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 1:44pm
post #17 of 29

I know that you worked hard to get to where you are....I'm very glad for you. You definately don't need the screaming whacko in your life.

(I also hate when I'm losing it and the other person is calm.)

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:21pm
post #18 of 29

Do you have a call block service on your phone?
SOME people! shaking head in bemusement...

kjgjam22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjgjam22 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:43pm
post #19 of 29
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjgjam22

Thank you SOOOOOOOOO much for that, I've been meaning to call her or PM you, I was worried..lol

Thank you so much for the referal!

no problem at all for reffering the business. i am in jamaica so i couldnt do it. no need to be worried. as she said it was great. maybe one day when i come to fl next i will come by your shop. icon_smile.gif

ButtercreamCakeArtist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamCakeArtist Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:43pm
post #20 of 29

Well, I didn't know you were a celebrity!! icon_smile.gif
You need a sign...what is that those say??

"We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"
My DH has one at his office that says something to the extent of "Prices subject to change due to customer's attitude"

I'd either cut her off totally or triple or quadruple the price for her which I'm sure she wouldn't pay, so either way it is a cut off!

pscsgrrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pscsgrrl Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:54pm
post #21 of 29

Love the sign idea. I think I'd go with the "prices subject to change due to customer's attitude"...lol. Too funny! Maybe I should get something along those lines for my house. "We reserve the right to refuse entry to those with attitude." I guess that would mean my son would never get in the house though....lol.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 4:55pm
post #22 of 29

I wouldn't have given her the cake for free.....I would have charge her regular price......then charge a fee for placing an order so late.......then charge a delivery fee......then charge for her reselling......then charge ......LOL

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:08pm
post #23 of 29

Jam 22. would be honored!!

ha, I may cut her off but if she's desperate enough she will have someone else order it...but I decided that as soon as I can I'm going to have EVERYTHING IMPRINTED...even my darn underwear..lol

and I'm not a celebrity....I'm just a struggling sugar artist like everyone else here! Some days are good days some days are bad..but all days are working for the landlord right now..lol

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:31pm
post #24 of 29

RisqueBusiness......just FYI: I went to your web site, but the page is down.

ButtercreamCakeArtist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButtercreamCakeArtist Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 5:45pm
post #25 of 29
Quote:

Jam 22. would be honored!!

ha, I may cut her off but if she's desperate enough she will have someone else order it...but I decided that as soon as I can I'm going to have EVERYTHING IMPRINTED...even my darn underwear..lol

and I'm not a celebrity....I'm just a struggling sugar artist like everyone else here! Some days are good days some days are bad..but all days are working for the landlord right now..lol

Can I get some of those underwear, too? LOL! Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 6:25pm
post #26 of 29

wow sounds like the dr needs to up her medication.

i have had a few customers like that that i refuse to do business with again, i guess they can get thier cakes from albertsons from now on....

i find there's nice one right behind them willing to take thier slot.

she was prolly freaked out she might get caught at that not being her cake creation...people never cease to amaze me...i have rich housewives bring in trays from home...and they have me make cakes on thier trays and pass them off at dinner parties as thier own.

at my age i'm getting where i'm actually enjoying weeding out the fussy fit throwing weirdos ...they always seem so amazed and surprised when i refuse them....they are so used to the butt kissin they get everywhere else.

remember the soup nazi on seinfeld?....I LOVE THAT GUY

adven68 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 6:38pm
post #27 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

RB....that's it!!! I can picture you now saying "NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

BTW...there's a billboard up here in B'klyn saying that he's going national.

RisqueBusiness Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 7:08pm
post #28 of 29
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

RB....that's it!!! I can picture you now saying "NO CAKE FOR YOU!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

BTW...there's a billboard up here in B'klyn saying that he's going national.

That is sooooooooooo funny I was actually going to post that but didnt want to offend anyone...heheee

We have spent the day here since yesterday, saying "NO CAKE FOR YOU" to everyone! lol and then giggling like naughty school girls..even the guys...lol...Now THAT is funny.

Nah..I have decided that I 'm NOT going to dilute my market and cut off making "discounted ' Cakes for ANYONE...eventually the clients will find their way here...unless some other bakery decides to open up a "naughty" branch..hahahaa

But I was STILL the first...at least in Miami!

Yes, this woman is one of THOSE rich PLATE women...she was telling me that the women the cake was for where flying in from New York and so forth and so on in her tirade...

icon_cry.gif she wasn't very nice to me....but, that's ok. She want's to assume that the world revolves around her and her business and doesn't bother with confirmations...( that was so on the money when someone posted that!!)

She's MESSIN' with the WRONG Latina! Coz I will "CUT HER"...hahaha...CUT HER OFF!

Bwaaaaaaaaaahaaaa! icon_razz.gif

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 8:54pm
post #29 of 29

Risque you rock! HA HA HA!....cut her!

i'll help ya, ya know....they don't call us the "fightin irish" fer nuttin!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%