How Can I Make My Icing The Color Of Grass?

Decorating By bethallan Updated 7 Oct 2006 , 12:04am by sweetpea333

bethallan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethallan Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 11:21pm
post #1 of 4

Hi all! I'm new to the boards -- this is my first post. Been cake decorating for 6 months or so.

How on earth can I make my buttercream icing look like grass?? I tried a conconction of kelly green and black to make hunter green, but that was too pale. So I added in some moss green, which made it kind of look like puke. Then I added some leaf green and it just didn't look right. I let it sit for a day knowing that the color sometimes darkens up after time, but it hasn't changed much. I can probably get away with using it, but I'm not happy with it.

Does anyone have a secret color combination that I can use in the future?

Thanks!!
Beth

3 replies
sunlover00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunlover00 Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 4

How about adding brown? That's the color of my grass! icon_biggrin.gif

OK, really, I just use Leaf Green only and add enough do make it a nice rich color.

DianaMarieMTV Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianaMarieMTV Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 4

I find that for grass it works better to just mix blue and yellow rather than using a premade green. It is more of an elementary or primary green if that makes sense!

sweetpea333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetpea333 Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 12:04am
post #4 of 4

hi
the green that I made for the grass in my castle pics was done with yellow and blue gels...then i added a touch of black. I didnt have to add much yellow, because the butter here is yellow to start with.

good luck with that

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%