Cake Lady Question

Baking By newtocake Updated 29 Aug 2013 , 6:32am by SystemMod1

newtocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocake Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 4:37pm
post #1 of 29

Who is this cake lady Gladyce that everyone is requesting recipes from on the Wilton sight? Anyone know?

28 replies
mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 4:42pm
post #2 of 29

I requested the recipes and now wish I knew how to stop getting replies! I have to say that I havent actually made any of the recipes yet....

BakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakeQueen Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 4:44pm
post #3 of 29

Sorry, I've never even requested recipes from their site.

newtocake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newtocake Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 29

I requested the recipes three weeks ago and still haven't received them.

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 6 Oct 2006 , 4:56pm
post #5 of 29

I dont know if I still have the email............I printed them out and put them in with my recipes...but I will look....

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 2:44am
post #6 of 29

I have them somewhere, I'll have to look, just don't make the buttercake one--Bleh! the choc. cake is good though, haven't tried any of the other ones yet! Gladyce was a very nice lady who use to love to bake and when she passed on it was her wish that her recipes were to be passed on to those who specifically asked for them. She also demanded that they never get posted on the web. Squirrlycakes is the one who will email them to you from the wilton site, but she now spends almost all her time taking care of the baking911.com site. If I know squirrlycakes she will get them to you, just give her time because of how busy she is. If I can find mine, I'll send them your way.

cakeatopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeatopia Posted 7 Oct 2006 , 2:56am
post #7 of 29

I have the recipes if you want me to email them to you--if that is okay to do.

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 8 Oct 2006 , 10:31pm
post #8 of 29

I have some of hers also....they are either scanned or in WORD format:

Lemon Curd
Caramel Buttercream
Yellow Cake
Pecan Filling
Pumpkin Layer Cake
Sugar Syrup
Banana Custard Filling
Rolled Buttercream
Baileys Chocolate Mousse
Devils Food Cake
Chocolate Raspberry Ganache
Peach Filling
Pineapple Filling
Fresh Strawberry Filling
Whipped Frosting
White Chocolate Buttercream
Stab. Whipped Cream
Rasperry Whipped Cream
Chocolate Buttercream
Cappucino Frosting

I knew you had to email someone to get them - I can't remember which site I was on years ago (maybe Wilton) when she was still there and she emailed them to me herself...lovely woman, so nice to take the time to do that for so many who she didn't even know. I will happily email them to anyone that asks, as I feel that was always what she did and would have wanted.

I did not, however, know that she never wanted them posted online but will be sure to follow those wishes as well. icon_smile.gif

moonlightmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonlightmomma Posted 28 May 2013 , 6:14pm
post #9 of 29

If it is ok I would love to have another copy of them. I have lost mine. Gladyce had originally sent them to me herself but I cannot locate them. Please and thank you.

moonlightmomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moonlightmomma Posted 29 May 2013 , 1:48pm
post #10 of 29

If you could send me a copy of them I would appreciate it. I had them at one point but cannot locate them. We had a flood in 2008 and I think they got destroyed in the basement. Thanks!

anavillatoro1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anavillatoro1 Posted 29 May 2013 , 2:24pm
post #11 of 29

ACan I have a copy please thank you [email protected]

JerryLINY Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JerryLINY Posted 29 May 2013 , 3:51pm
post #12 of 29

May I have a copy-   [email protected]

Thanks

amandainmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amandainmn Posted 30 May 2013 , 1:05am
post #13 of 29

Would love a copy of the recipes, too. Thank you!!

[email protected]

bikemom3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bikemom3 Posted 30 May 2013 , 1:34am
post #14 of 29

AIf it's not too much trouble, may I have a copy as well? [email protected]

sgalvan62 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgalvan62 Posted 30 May 2013 , 1:47am
post #15 of 29

AI would love copies please, [email protected] you!

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 30 May 2013 , 2:37am
post #16 of 29

AHate to break it to ya but y'all might be waiting a long long time for that email. This thread is 7 years old and that member hasn't posted in 3 years.

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 30 May 2013 , 2:44am
post #17 of 29

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!

mac14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mac14 Posted 30 May 2013 , 3:02am
post #18 of 29

Can I grab a copy as well please .... BIG thank you icon_biggrin.gif   [email protected]

mac14 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mac14 Posted 30 May 2013 , 3:05am
post #19 of 29

Didnt even look at that... how silly do I feel icon_redface.gif

Edwina8 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Edwina8 Posted 30 May 2013 , 8:31am
post #20 of 29

Ask your child about his game playing and who he is talking to.

[url=http://www.arm2teeth.com/]RS Gold[/url]
[url=http://www.arm2teeth.com/]WOW Gold[/url]

chim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chim Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 7:34pm
post #21 of 29

If you are still sending the recipes out, I would love an email!  [email protected]

Annabakescakes Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 8:09pm
post #22 of 29

How do people keep finding these old dead posts? And do they even read them? It isn't 2 whole pages!

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 28 Aug 2013 , 8:21pm
post #23 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

How do people keep finding these old dead posts? And do they even read them? It isn't 2 whole pages!

I know that when I use the search box all the old stuff still comes up - If one doesn't look at the dates,  well.......

I pay attention to the dates now cause I chimed in on a old thread - embarrassing icon_redface.gif

chim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chim Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 1:21am
post #24 of 29

It is called a search engine, both Google and the Cake Central search lead me to this page.  I did read all two pages and noticed the dates, but this being a community I thought I could ask a question,  I kind of thought that was the point of a forum such as this.  I did not realize I would be bothering anyone.  This was my first foray into posting a question in this forum and I do not think I will try it again, not embarrassed at all on my end, just not looking to receive snide comments in my inbox.  If my question was so irritatingly irrational to you, could you not have ignored it?  Just so you know, you can unsubscribe from a thread if you don't want to see anymore on the issue, since it bugs you so much.  If it was truly dead, the reply option should no longer be there, at least in my book.

It really is true that if you can't say anything nicely, post it on-line. 

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 2:39am
post #25 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by chim 

It is called a search engine, both Google and the Cake Central search lead me to this page.  I did read all two pages and noticed the dates, but this being a community I thought I could ask a question,  I kind of thought that was the point of a forum such as this.  I did not realize I would be bothering anyone.  This was my first foray into posting a question in this forum and I do not think I will try it again, not embarrassed at all on my end, just not looking to receive snide comments in my inbox.  If my question was so irritatingly irrational to you, could you not have ignored it?  Just so you know, you can unsubscribe from a thread if you don't want to see anymore on the issue, since it bugs you so much.  If it was truly dead, the reply option should no longer be there, at least in my book.

It really is true that if you can't say anything nicely, post it on-line. 

Thank you for demonstrating that we are all capable of this behavior.

Annabakescakes Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 3:01am
post #26 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabakescakes 

I know that when I use the search box all the old stuff still comes up - If one doesn't look at the dates,  well.......

I pay attention to the dates now cause I chimed in on a old thread - embarrassing icon_redface.gif

You know, if it is relevant, I am not one to poo-poo an old thread. But the technique, file, recipe request threads that keep getting dredged up, asking someone who hasn't been on here in 3+ years, for a bit of info, are just annoying. 

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 4:21am
post #27 of 29

I was only talking about what I did.  I was not judging or making a statement towards or about anybody.  Sorry if anyone took it the wrong way.

texas_mom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
texas_mom Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 5:21am
post #28 of 29

The topic is 7 years old and the person who started it has not posted for three years...but on the change that someone is still subscribed to this thread and they actually did get the recipes maybe they can send them out by email.  So the topic maybe old but someone out may have the recipes and send them to you, so don't feel embarrassed.

SystemMod1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SystemMod1 Posted 29 Aug 2013 , 6:32am
post #29 of 29

These recipes are no longer available.  I already locked another thread on this topic this evening, this one is getting deleted.  Please stop asking for them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%