Our Newest Addition To The Family!!!! :)

Decorating By Beezaly Updated 15 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm by Beezaly

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 1:52pm
post #31 of 44

Congrats to the new mother! I know she will bring you years of "sweet joy and memories!"

Happy Birthday to you party.gif

Beezaly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beezaly Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 3:48pm
post #32 of 44

Thank you all so much. I couldn't be more proud!!! So far she has handled much more than expected. I have been keeping her very busy learning new things!!

(before I was just using my Hamilton Beach hand mixer-Oh, those awful days...)

twindees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twindees Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 4:01pm
post #33 of 44

Congrats. Bella is so pretty.

Beezaly Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 6:06pm
post #34 of 44

Thank you twindees, I am overjoyed!!! icon_smile.gif

Crissy_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crissy_Cakes Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 10:59pm
post #35 of 44

Oh so not fair..........I envy all of you that have this KA verison. I have the Susan G Komen original. I want a bigger one though icon_sad.gif

How many quarts does that beauty hold?

lilmansmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmansmum Posted 14 Aug 2007 , 11:16pm
post #36 of 44

I too loved my KA, but didn't like the icing and powdered sugar flying out all over the counter when I made icing. It just wasn't quite big enough to accomodate (it was 5 quarts.) My wonderful husband surprised me by purchasing a Viking 7 quart mixer! Now that is one serious mixer! I love my new "baby" too!!!

Beezaly Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:12am
post #37 of 44

7 Quarts!!!!! 80

Ok, no fair!!!!

Mine is 6 so hey, not too shabby-but still-it isn't 7!!

DelightsByE Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DelightsByE Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:19am
post #38 of 44

awwwww aint she cute!

ten little attachments.....ten little mixspeeds.....

icon_biggrin.gif

I'm soooooo jealous!!!

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:28am
post #39 of 44

Awwwe.. I have one in nickle pearl and her name is Bessie.. Gotta love it! May she bring you much joy. icon_lol.gif

MCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCook Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:37am
post #40 of 44

Congrats!! I got the 5 qt. a couple of months ago and it is heavenly!!
I was using a Hamilton Beach also--an antique stand mixer.

....sooooo, what is this about naming your KA? I guess I missed the tutorial that day-LOL! icon_rolleyes.gif

cheferyn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheferyn Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:41am
post #41 of 44

Congrats! I have the pink one. Her name is Lola. My pride and joy. icon_smile.gif. One day maybe a bigger Lola. I'll have to ask Santa.

jdelectables Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelectables Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:52am
post #42 of 44

Happy Baking! I don't know what I ever did without mine!

Stoomp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stoomp Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 4:14am
post #43 of 44

Congratulations! You must be over the moon, getting such an awesome gift! And you'll always remember the day she entered your life!

For me, my KA was a surprise Mother's Day gift from my "kids" (ages 1,2 & 4) that my husband secretly ordered and planned for a Saturday delivery so he'd be home to get it.

Meanwhile, for whatever reason, it was delivered on Friday and I received it. I felt so bad! It was so thoughtful and completely unexpected and I didn't want to spoil his surprise.

So, I rang my neighbor's bell and asked him to hold it until he saw my husband coming home from work (we live in a garden apartment so everyone sees everyone and everything!) and to call my husband over before he walked in the door and tell him that HE took the package because no one answered my bell.

Fast forward to the next day . I was making a cake with my Black and Decker hand mixer (I still talk to it once in a while!) and my hubby wants to know if I want my Mother's Day present early. I said no, that I'd wait. Then he says, "Well, if you were paying attention you'd have had it by now because it came to the house yesterday!"

Needless to say, I wanted to use the paddle attachment on him right then and there. To this day, he still doesn't know that I WAS PAYING ATTENTION!!! (That's a long running joke between us...I do pay attention..I just automatically stop when he starts talking!!! )

Thanks for bringing back a fond memory and good luck with your new baby!

Beezaly Posted 15 Aug 2007 , 3:16pm
post #44 of 44

Awww, how sweet!!! That is too funny!!! icon_lol.gif

Little do they know that we do SEE and Hear ALL!!!!

When will they learn this fact about wives and mothers!!! (women in general!) icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%