Does Anyone Have.....

Decorating By OhMyGoodies Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 4:38pm by Katskakes

OhMyGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:22am
post #1 of 14

Does anyone have an EXTRA copy of The Cake Mix Doctor BookSSSSS???

I've checked online, on eBay and they are selling for the price as the book clubs and stores and I was hoping to get a bargin price on 'em lol. I put in a best offer bid and it was declined instantly on the cupcakes book... lol go figure.

So if anyone has an extra copy of any of the books like from an extra shippment (had those before lol) or a duplicate gift or something like that and you'd be willing to help me out or know of a place I can get it for cheap please let me know! Thanks!

Becky

13 replies
chestercheeto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chestercheeto Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:58am
post #2 of 14

i don't have any extra copies, and i'm not letting go of the cupcake book i have! haha. icon_biggrin.gif how much do you want to pay for these books?

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:46am
post #3 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMyGoodies

Does anyone have an EXTRA copy of The Cake Mix Doctor BookSSSSS???

I've checked online, on eBay and they are selling for the price as the book clubs and stores and I was hoping to get a bargin price on 'em lol. I put in a best offer bid and it was declined instantly on the cupcakes book... lol go figure.

So if anyone has an extra copy of any of the books like from an extra shippment (had those before lol) or a duplicate gift or something like that and you'd be willing to help me out or know of a place I can get it for cheap please let me know! Thanks!

Becky

I cheated... I went to the library.

OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:25pm
post #4 of 14

Well I put in an offer of $5.01 bid plus the $4.49 shipping... materials for shipping wouldn't cost that much nor would postage so alot of that would go in their pocket... I was hoping to only have to pay a total of like $10.00 for each of the books... I only saw two by her, The Cake Mix Doctor Deluxe Edition, and Cupcakes from the Cake Mix Doctor. But I know I won't get them that cheap lol. I'm just hoping I can find someone cheap enough lol.

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:38pm
post #5 of 14

I have Chocolate by the Cake Mix Doctor and I LOVE IT!!! Every cake in that book is delicious (except for the mayonaise cake). I have tried recipes from other places, and the ones from this book beat the others by far.

OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 1:54pm
post #6 of 14

Yes that was another one I saw on ebay I wasn't sure if it was actually cake recipes or if it was for candy and such other chocolate things lol... I guess I'm going to have to break down and pay big for them... I was just hoping I wouldn't have to lol I got the cake Bible for free from a book club I joined... and a few other cake books for free... only had to pay shipping but they didn't offer these books and still don't...

Franluvsfrosting Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Franluvsfrosting Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 3:57pm
post #7 of 14

We have a half price books near where I live and I've seen both of those books in there for under $10. I don't know if you've got one around but you might check. Have you checked half.com? Or put a wanted on Craigslist? I did get one book from the library and I ended up keeping it because I'd spilled some cake ingredients on it. Turns out they get their books a lot cheaper than me and I ended up paying them far less than I'd have paid retail. (I didn't do it on purpose!! icon_redface.gif )

sgilmer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgilmer Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:07pm
post #8 of 14

Here's a link if you want to buy the chocolate book on ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Chocolate-from-the-Cake-Mix-Doctor-Book-GREAT-GIFT_W0QQitemZ140145476212QQihZ004QQcategoryZ378QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
It's $6 with $5 shipping. I think it would cost about $15 if you bought it in the store, but it is WELL worth it. HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:14pm
post #9 of 14

I was thinking of checking the library but I doubt they'd have it. I've had to back out of paying them for books that were lost in a car accident and they weren't happy about it but under the circumstances they let it go. They were computer program books like Excel and stuff like that to teach you how to use it.. they got soaked with gas and were destroyed so there was nothing I could do and I was about to pay over $200.00 for 3 books that were in bad shape anyway when I borrowed them lol.

I'll check on half.com thanks for the tip! And thanks for the link to ebay! Going there now to check it out

alimonkey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alimonkey Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:16pm
post #10 of 14

I looked on Amazon and found some really cheap prices.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_gw/104-4633092-5307948?initialSearch=1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=cake+mix+doctor&Go.x=5&Go.y=12&Go=Go

You can either buy them used for around $5-6 plus shipping, or you can pay $10 for new and get free shipping when you buy $25+

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:20pm
post #11 of 14

I didn't check just now but I know I bought mine from amazon....I know I ended up getting a few extras with them...but did not pay shipping at the time....so I would check there....

chestercheeto Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chestercheeto Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:24pm
post #12 of 14

how about www.overstock.com? you can get everything shipped for $2.95 and the books are all around $10.

http://www.overstock.com/search?keywords=cake%20mix%20doctor&taxonomy=&SearchType=HP_Header

there's also amazon marketplace with pretty good prices on used books.

OhMyGoodies Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:27pm
post #13 of 14

I want to thank yall again! I went to amazon and I found all three of them (the original, chocolate, and cupcakes) all for $31.50 with free shipping. Which is alot cheaper then ebay wanted still a little more then I wanted to spend but it's for all three and not just one which is what I was fighting with earlier lol

I'm also going to check out overstock and see what they have if they end up being cheaper I may get them there.

Thanks everyone!

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 14

i was just looking at ecookbooks.com - they are 10.46 (Chocolate), 8.37 (cupcakes), 10.46 (regular one)... also free shipping after $25.00 their delivery service is great! Just a few cents less... but in case anyone else is looking for them. I usually check all the books i want here first before buying anywhere else. I've been pretty good/lucky with finding my collection at michaels and acmoore for a good price with coupons. Not cake mix doctor book, but other cake decorating and cookies too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%