Cake Pan Quality??

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 10 Jul 2005 , 2:47am by kalikw

briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 7

I found a site that has baking pans fairly cheap.. this is the site. http://www.bakingshop.com/sugarcraft/cakepansround3.htm
Do you think they are good?? Are they as good as wiltons?
I have wilton pans and really not sure what the quality they is icon_redface.gif
Check it out and let me know if you have ever tried baking pans that were not wilton.. Thanks!

6 replies
niki_10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
niki_10 Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 11:38pm
post #2 of 7

IMHO, Wilton quality isn't all that impressive. I own items purchased at a restaurant supply store, and the quality is out of this world. I have pots and pans, jelly rolls, etc. The best part is that the prices are half of what you'd pay in the store.

I'd look up restaurant supply companies in your local yellow pages. I've shared this info with a few people (cooks and bakers) and they all come back to me in amazement.

Moviechick00 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moviechick00 Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 12:19am
post #3 of 7

I also have pans from different places. I have found that they are all pretty good quality. I did read somewhere something about shinny pans something having to do with longer bake times and about not baking evenly. How true that is Im not sure. I have a couple of pans from william sonoma those are heavy pans. I seem to like those best of all. LOL could be just because they are from WS. MC

littlebubbieschocolates Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebubbieschocolates Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 12:23am
post #4 of 7

i have pan from wilton and i have pans that i bought at walmart that arnt. there just as good icon_smile.gif

aunt-judy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aunt-judy Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 5:53pm
post #5 of 7

briansbaker:
i've used wilton and non-wilton pans for baking, and i've had good luck with both. frankly, i wouldn't buy a pan sight-unseen, by which i mean picking it up in my hands to feel the weight and examining the surface and edges (something tells me that the pans pictured in your link have a rolled edge that could be very sharp on the underside (i cut myself cleaning a round pan like that once), so i always like to know what i'm getting before i buy so there're no surprises). if you're able to physically visit a restaurant or bakery supply store, you'll be able to get all sorts of quality bakeware, and they'll probably be less expensive than Wilton, which is targeted at a specialty-hobby market, and thus tends to carry a premium price-tag.

diane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
diane Posted 8 Jul 2005 , 8:28pm
post #6 of 7

thanks briansbaker!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kalikw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kalikw Posted 10 Jul 2005 , 2:47am
post #7 of 7

Magic line Pansby Parrish are of excellent quality and they last a long, long time/ You can purchase these pans at any cake decorating supply store or on line. They are far superior to the Wilton Pans.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%