Disney Princess Castle Cake

Decorating By bennettsrus Updated 3 Oct 2006 , 7:07pm by mconrey

bennettsrus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennettsrus Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 11

I have a customer who would like the Disney Princess Castle Kit Cake. How much would you guys charge for this kind of cake considering you have to purchase a kit. I have never had to purchase a kit before.

Thanks

10 replies
briansbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
briansbaker Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 3:36pm
post #2 of 11

What kit are you purchasing??

bennettsrus Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 4:40pm
post #3 of 11

The Disney's Princess Castle Cake Kit. The one that's sold on line here on cake central.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 4:48pm
post #4 of 11

I think I would probably charge at least 30 for the cake and an additional 20 for the kit.....so 50 dollars at least!! Having the kit does make it somewhat easier........but it's still going to take time and it's still technically 2 cakes!! 50 is probably way too cheap too.......depends on where you live too.

bennettsrus Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 5:02pm
post #5 of 11

I told the customer $55 CDN and she said that was too much.... go figure.

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 11

Where in Canada are you?? 55$ (CND) is still a good deal for her...the kit costs 13.99$ american on this site + shipping + exchange. (I would charge her 75$, so tell her she's getting a good deal.) 35$ for plain bc 10" round with filling, 20$ for plain bc 6" round with filling. 20-25$ for that kit (it's twice as much $ as a normal kit from safeway would cost...) And that doesn't include any home made flowers, if you add those I would charge her more still.

mthiberge Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 5:23pm
post #7 of 11

Gee whizzz, she wants half a wedding cake (basically) for less than 55$ The more I think about it the more annoyed I get! Some people just don't get it!! grrrrrrr!

bennettsrus Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 6:46pm
post #8 of 11

I am in Toronto Ontario.

It annoys me, you are right, the just don't get it. She asked me to go cheaper and I said no. It will cost me nearly $25 CDN to get the kit taking into consideration the taxes, exchange and shipping. And I wasn't even going to charge her for delivery since a friend of mine referred her....

mthiberge Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 6:56pm
post #9 of 11

If she wants cheap tell her to go to the grocery store. I wouldn't bother,if she figures your time and effort aren't worth anything...Or like someone said, tell her where she can order the kit and buy the supplies for this cake and you'll gladly only charge her your labour.

Rexy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rexy Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 7:03pm
post #10 of 11

I just did one and the customer actually bought the kit online and gave it to me. It was much easier and in the end "seemed" less expensive.

mconrey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mconrey Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 7:07pm
post #11 of 11

Our grocery store sells that cake for $40. So I don't think $50 is asking too much considering yours will look much nicer than the grocery stores.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%