Request Puppy Info

Decorating By MommyBunny Updated 13 Aug 2007 , 2:10pm by MommyBunny

MommyBunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MommyBunny Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 8

Ok, my daughter's friend wants a puppy cake for her bday.I found the pattern on how to cut..but I was wondering about the icing. Do you just start at the bottom with a grass tip or star tip and work your way up?

If you have done one, would any one mind walking me through this?

Patricia

7 replies
becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:17pm
post #2 of 8

i haven't done one yet...but i did read that they started from the bottom and worked their way up, which makes sense....so the layers are all on top of each other...and they used a grass tip!!! good luck!!!!!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:24pm
post #3 of 8

this doesn't have much to do with the puppy cake, but more the grass tip. I have tried using that tip several times but the frosting never sticks to anything! I pipe onto whatever I am working on and before I move to do another section the first one is either falling over or sliding off ... I have tried stiff and medium consistency frosting and nothing seems to work for me ... ay advice on how to use that dang tip??

CakeDiane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiane Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 8

Thumperbunny--I made one a few weeks ago...I used the grass tip and started at the bottom and worked my way up as you described...it was SO easy! Once you get started, you'll see how it works and you'll figure it out as you go...it just comes to life right in front of your eyes!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 3:33pm
post #5 of 8

I have done the puppy cake. I did mine from top to bottom. if I am understanding your question correctly. Here is mine.

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=83178

I have some people do it with the star tip and use shorter strokes, that looks cute too!

MommyBunny Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 4:30pm
post #6 of 8

What about the consistancy of the icing?

Thanks for all the help

Patricia

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 8

Oh I would say medium

MommyBunny Posted 13 Aug 2007 , 2:10pm
post #8 of 8

OK I did it and everybody loved it. But the icing started to seperated from the cake. I hate hot weather!!! Oh well, When we get the pics back I will try and post it.

Thanks for all the help.

Patricia

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%