Cake Using Tools For Course I

Decorating By JLG Updated 3 Oct 2006 , 2:45am by Melvira

JLG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JLG Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 4:11am
post #1 of 6

Ok, I need some ideas. I need to come up with some type of demo/display cake to promote a cake class. I can only use the tips offered in Wilton's Course I. It will be for before Halloween but looking to get people in classes for November/December. I'll be using a 9x13 cake and I can divide it up with different things in each quadrant if that helps.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Janet

5 replies
oneprimalscream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oneprimalscream Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 4:14am
post #2 of 6

:: thinks back to Course I ::

If it needs to be Halloween themed...didn't they teach briefly about figure piping? Perhaps a witches' face and pumpkins using the figure piping technique?

I can't really remember what we learned in Course I...

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 4:16am
post #3 of 6

Ugh, I have to do the same thing, but it needs to be round! If I were doing a 9x13, I would use the borders taught to divide it into four different sections, then do a season in each section... or something like that.

CupCake13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CupCake13 Posted 2 Oct 2006 , 10:22pm
post #4 of 6

If you're starting before Halloween, skip the Halloween theme (just give them hints for black and orange and purple and green borders, etc) and concentrate on fall and Christmas. If people are looking to do this before the holidays, they probably will want holiday ideas.

So make the typical rose cake, but with the roses in deep oranges, reds, yellows, with a darker green trim. Use a tinted base frosting, instead of white. Maybe a deep ivory or a nice tan.

Or do a red rose cake with a Christmas-y look to it.

Instead of clowns, do the piped Santa. Or a turkey.

I'd just stick to the basics and change my colors to match the seasons.

JLG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JLG Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 2:20am
post #5 of 6

Any ideas on making a piped santa or turkey? Anyone have a picture?
I'm figuring make the santa like the clown, but how do you do the head?

I haven't seen a turkey unless I use a cookie cutter and fill it in with stars.

Thanks for all the help .....

Janet

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 3 Oct 2006 , 2:45am
post #6 of 6

The cookie cutter idea is perfect for the turkey because that's what they do in class! Bingo!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%