Retirement Flannel (Finished Pic)

Decorating By Melvira Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 8:17pm by emi

sugarlaced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlaced Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 12:46pm
post #91 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvira

Hey Sugarlaced!! Very exciting that you are going to make a western shirt... that is one of my next shirts that I want to make, I have a great picture in my head and really want to see if I can do it for a special person who loves western shirts!!

This cake was an 11"x15" and I just used my regular fondant technique to cover it. No special tricks really. Just trim away any of the extra. The color amount depends totally on what color and how dark you want it! I would say start with a hefty toothpick full and add until you are happy. I wish I could be more help on that... unfortunately it's not an exact science. The MMF from CC is what I used and it works so well. Don't forget to add a little Crisco to make it work better! icon_wink.gif If you have any specific questions, feel free to let me know!! Greatest of luck to you!

Thanks so much for the info, I will decorating the cake on Sat., October the 28th. I will probably have my computer right along side all my decorating tools.lol I will probably need help!!!!

sugarlaced Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlaced Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 12:48pm
post #92 of 96

Anybody have any ideas for "pearl snaps"?, like you find on western shirts? Maybe white MMF brushed with luster dust???

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:33pm
post #93 of 96

That's exactly what I plan to do... make them from MMF and then brush the edges with nusilver and the center with pearl dust!!

vickymacd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vickymacd Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 1:49pm
post #94 of 96

Melvira,
I know I'm not going to be the last one to comment on your shirt cake, but this is still so amazing to me! I could only hope to achieve a cake like that someday! YOU'RE attached to that cake? I'M attached to that cake! It is the most phenominal cake I've ever seen! (excuse my 'french') but you've got a lot of cake'balls' to hand over that cake! I would have kept it and sealed it somehow! And for the price you sold it for???? You need to take another look at your work! Your cakes are AMAZING!!!!!!! You are my cake hero!! thumbs_up.gif So what's next????

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 2:35pm
post #95 of 96

Vicky... I can't afford to keep you on the payroll if you're going to give me that many compliments in one post... what's the going rate... $5 per ego boost? hahahah! Teasing! icon_razz.gif

Seriously, you are too kind, and I appreciate your confidence in me. It feels really good to know that somewhere out there people think I know what I'm doing! icon_lol.gif This week is huge wedding #2... 5 tiered chocolate ganache tower, 5 sheet cakes, 4 shaped cakes, a book cake, and a partridge in a pear tree!! icon_lol.gif I can't wait to be done with it because I have like 70 ideas swimming in my noggin. I am afraid I won't get anything done in time for the Halloween competition since this wedding is ON the 21st, but oh well. After looking at the competition I'd be wasting my time anyway! Man you guys are talented! Thank goodness it's all good natured here!

Thanks for being so supportive... and I will try to come up with something else to thrill you!

emi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emi Posted 16 Oct 2006 , 8:17pm
post #96 of 96

Melvira,
I've got to say it too. What a talent, what an imagination, what a cake!
It is awesome. The best I've ever seen. Thanks for posting it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%