Retirement Flannel (Finished Pic)

Decorating By Melvira Updated 16 Oct 2006 , 8:17pm by emi

katharry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katharry Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 4:32am
post #31 of 96

Im desperately trying to find another work for amazing, super, fantastic, fabulous, awesome so I dont repeat what everyone else has said.

I cant so all of the above. Congratulations!!!!
thumbs_up.gif

cakesbyamym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyamym Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:39am
post #32 of 96

Absolutely fantastic!!! What an inspiring job!!! Kudos to you!!! Please, please let us know about the customer's reaction...loss of bodily functions, and all. LOL.

Amy icon_lol.gif

Momof3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof3boys Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 12:45pm
post #33 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharry

Im desperately trying to find another work for amazing, super, fantastic, fabulous, awesome so I dont repeat what everyone else has said.

I cant so all of the above. Congratulations!!!!
thumbs_up.gif

Here's one

IT'S SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS (or however it's spelled)

LOVE IT!!!

And elvis that was so funny!!

~~Diane~~

sweetsuccess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetsuccess Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 12:52pm
post #34 of 96

Awesome job!!!!!

ChristaPaloma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChristaPaloma Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 12:59pm
post #35 of 96

I'd try this shirt on but it is sure to make me look really fat lol.....are you sure you didn't just paint a sure with lacquer? lol
great job Melvira!

subaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
subaru Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 1:19pm
post #36 of 96

WOW!!!!! What can I say that hasn't already been said? I want to know what the customer had to say? I hope they realize what a bargain they got!!!!! Probably not, only us fellow decorators really know the time and effort that go into our creations.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 1:41pm
post #37 of 96

Well, I have to deliver it, then go do a display at Michaels for the Halloween Gingerbread house, but believe me, as soon as I get back, I will be on here letting you know how it went! icon_biggrin.gif And if it even got to the customer... still don't wanna!!

CarolinaBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolinaBelle Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 2:08pm
post #38 of 96

Great looking cake!

edencakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edencakes Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 2:08pm
post #39 of 96

I'm so impressed - you are a more patient woman than I!

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 2:53pm
post #40 of 96

I'm new so would I be rude to ask what you would charge for such a cake? icon_redface.gif
BTW it is AWESOME! Doleta

doleta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doleta Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 2:58pm
post #41 of 96

OK I'm not crazy. I posted this at work and got lots of calls before I posted. Now I see the answer to my ?

monizcel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monizcel Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 3:06pm
post #42 of 96

Fabulous thumbs_up.gif

Bettycrockermommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bettycrockermommy Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 6:58pm
post #43 of 96

Awesome job!!

sweetbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetbaker Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:34pm
post #44 of 96

Wow, that looks fantastic! Excellent job done!!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:37pm
post #45 of 96

That is one of the most amazing cakes I have ever seen!

Were you blind after your were finished?

Can I ask how you made your buttons? I have to put some buttons on a cake next week and have been playing around with fondant circles, but haven't gotten the right look.

morg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
morg Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 9:51pm
post #46 of 96

That really is a cool cake! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 10:56pm
post #47 of 96

Ok... I am home from my long day 'in town' (hehehe). I delivered the cake this morning, and the whole time I was praying that she wouldn't show up or something so I could keep the cake! haha! I am SO pathetic! icon_rolleyes.gif While I waited for her (she was on her way, running behind) people were coming over and looking at it and oooohhhing and aaahhhing, generally making me feel too good! (Kinda like you guys!) So, she got there, I pulled the top off and she sucked in her breath and was quiet for a second (longest second I've experienced in a long time!!) then she breathed out slowly and said, "It's amaaaaaazing!!" The she was all atitter looking at details and saying how wonderful it was. She pulled her husband over to show him... apparently he is one of those guys that doesn't say anything. You tell him he won the lottery and he says, "Oh." but he actually looked at it, raised his eyebrows and said, "Wow, you did a good job." Believe it or not, that was a major reaction! A majorly GOOD one! So I was flying high! Then she was pulling out her wallet so I calmly said, "It's $40." She didn't bat an eyelash... she knew she was getting a bargain, and she was so in love with it, I probably could've said $100 and she would've smiled and handed it to me. I was right in thinking this was a great advertising tool... people were craning to see it and asking who did it (they saw my name on the box and wondered who that was) so I was introducing myself and they were all excited. One woman said she 'does' cakes, but never something like that! All in all it was a wonderful experience!

For the buttons... roll out a small piece of fondant a little thicker than you would to cover a cake. Using ANY frosting tip, use the large hole end to cut the buttons. Use a pencil eraser to gently push down the middle of the buttons. You can move it around to make the indented part a little bigger than the actual eraser. You can also pipe 'thread' on it, but I didn't. I figured black wouldn't show up, and I didn't want to make red just for that.

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 11:00pm
post #48 of 96

Whew, that looks like a ton of work! I would be cross eyed! Fantastic work!! Congrats!

RisqueBusiness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RisqueBusiness Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 11:05pm
post #49 of 96

OMG if he doesn't then he's just not worthy...!! lol

homemaluhia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
homemaluhia Posted 30 Sep 2006 , 11:27pm
post #50 of 96

This is terrific! I love it. Your detail is great.

thumbs_up.gif FYI there is a cake shop here in Hawaii that charges $185 for a shirt cake for 20 people! So your customer really got a deal!

birdgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
birdgirl Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 12:04am
post #51 of 96

wow!!!! icon_surprised.gif

mkolmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkolmar Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 12:57am
post #52 of 96

that looks amazing! I would have never (and could never) ever done a cake like this. I probly would have made a plain sheet cake and covered it in a real flannel shirt and told her to make sure to peel it off before everyone cuts into it and never mind the cotton fibers icon_lol.gif !

Melvira Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 1:08am
post #53 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkolmar

I probly would have made a plain sheet cake and covered it in a real flannel shirt and told her to make sure to peel it off before everyone cuts into it and never mind the cotton fibers icon_lol.gif !

I can see me doing that! What a kill that would be!! Can you see customer's face!! icon_confused.gif Bwahahahahaha!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 1:16am
post #54 of 96

Thanks for the button directions! That is a cool idea with the eraser!

Again, congrats on an amazing cake! You should do another one (ducking hahaha!) on a dummy cake, so you can keep it forever and ever!

baker4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
baker4life Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 1:20am
post #55 of 96

elvisb, love the recipe, I need to try that!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
Truly amazing job on the cake!!! thumbs_up.gif

elvisb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elvisb Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 1:51am
post #56 of 96

Melvira, I hope you treat yourself to a batch of those cookies. You deserve it after all that. Put your feet up and enjoy the moment. icon_biggrin.gif I'm so glad it went well for you. I wish I could have been there with you to see her reaction. It was probably the same shock we all had when we saw the pictures--and I know pictures never do the real thing any justice. Amazing job. I still can't believe how real it looks! I just have to keep looking back at it. Way to go! thumbs_up.gif

Melvira Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:17am
post #57 of 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvisb

Melvira, I hope you treat yourself to a batch of those cookies. You deserve it after all that. Put your feet up and enjoy the moment. icon_biggrin.gif I'm so glad it went well for you. I wish I could have been there with you to see her reaction. It was probably the same shock we all had when we saw the pictures--and I know pictures never do the real thing any justice. Amazing job. I still can't believe how real it looks! I just have to keep looking back at it. Way to go! thumbs_up.gif

I have to assume you mean the Lofthouse cookies??? Ohhhhhhhh, what a naughty little present for myself! That is an 'evil genius' level idea!! I like it... I love it!! icon_lol.gif

And I have to say the biggest reason I am pleased with how it turned out is because of how many crappy ideas I had to go through to get to here. Stupid Wilton Foodwriters. Ohhhhh, Mr. Wilton... if you were alive right now... icon_mad.gif

candy177 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candy177 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 2:49am
post #58 of 96

Hey! That cake looks cool! Don't talk it down - even if it's not what was in your head, it still looks pretty awesome....icon_smile.gif

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:11am
post #59 of 96

Melvira that cake is phenomenal!!!! Hey, I think I actually came up with a word that nobody else did!!! icon_lol.gif Even my husband, who is a very quiet man, said "WOW icon_surprised.gif !" You are truly an inspiration to us all and I can only pray that someday I would even come close to you!!!

Fabulous job!!!!

Janeil

my3boys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
my3boys Posted 1 Oct 2006 , 3:15am
post #60 of 96

That is the most amazing cake. I am so humbled that you even commented on mine.

how could anyone bear to cut that cake?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%