Are You Sure It's Safe?

Decorating By fabfour Updated 7 Aug 2007 , 12:48pm by 7yyrt

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 8:46pm
post #61 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionladydi

I can see this thread going in the wrong direction with the Bible and the controversy over drinking. Lets keep it light so we don't get locked. JMO

Diane

Please don't skewer me for replying to this, but it really struck me as odd. JMO too, but just wondering how anything can go in the "wrong direction" when talking about the Bible? And, given that this whole thread started about religious reasons for not using alcohol with luster dust, it seems only natural.

Please don't slice and dice me for this -- it's just a light comment about something that is serious to some people. icon_smile.gif

S.

mbelgard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbelgard Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 9:09pm
post #62 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonoma9

Quote:

I can see this thread going in the wrong direction with the Bible and the controversy over drinking. Lets keep it light so we don't get locked. JMO

Diane

Please don't skewer me for replying to this, but it really struck me as odd. JMO too, but just wondering how anything can go in the "wrong direction" when talking about the Bible? And, given that this whole thread started about religious reasons for not using alcohol with , it seems only natural.

Please don't slice and dice me for this -- it's just a light comment about something that is serious to some people. icon_smile.gif

S.

Look at how heated the debates have been over The DaVinci Code and you'll see how it can go in the wrong direction quickly. Yes it's a serious topic for many but they also have numerous reasons for taking it seriously (look at all the different christian churches who all interpret differently) and that can make for a very heated debate.
lionladydi was right, it was heading into trouble.

lionladydi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lionladydi Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 10:13pm
post #63 of 67

Thanks mbelgard.......I do realize it is a serious discussion. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just don't think CC is the place for the discussion.

Sorry Sonoma if I offended you. It was not my intention to offend anyone. I am a Christian and respect everyone's viewpoints on it but I just don't think this is the place.

JMO

Diane

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 10:59pm
post #64 of 67
Quote:

Thanks mbelgard.......I do realize it is a serious discussion. I didn't mean to imply otherwise. I just don't think CC is the place for the discussion.

Sorry Sonoma if I offended you. It was not my intention to offend anyone. I am a Christian and respect everyone's viewpoints on it but I just don't think this is the place.

JMO

Diane

No offense taken at all! icon_smile.gif It just didn't seem to me like anything was getting heated or out of control. I can understand if someone starts to get on their soapbox about their faith and shoving it down everyone's thoat, but I just didn't see that happening here, and I was really enjoying some of the thread. Anyway, I won't belabor this with any more posts about it. I'm just putting out there that I'm one person who isn't bothered by a little injection of Biblical history/fact on cc if it's relavent to the discussion.

Again, no hard feelings on my end, and I hope not on yours either.

S.

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 11:33pm
post #65 of 67

This tends to be a debate in our own family about who is right in breaking down the word and meaning.
they say Jesus said this Jesus said that. Your son is wild because you need to introduce Jesus to him.
They all get mad at me in the end when I say, "I don't believe the whole Jesus thing."
Everyone view things as thier faith. If they don't want Alcohol just tell them the only way to accomplish this is to put alcohol in with the paint and that it dries all the alcohol out. That way they have a choice to keep thier faith.

Hollyanna70 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hollyanna70 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 6:16am
post #66 of 67
Quote:

Probably no odder than the rest of us.................

Squirt is a caffeine-free citrus-flavored soft drink created in 1938 by Herb Bishop. Bishop gave Squirt its name because the drink seemed to "squirt" into your mouth like a freshly squeezed grapefruit. Squirt is naturally flavored and contains grapefruit juice (less than 1%). This is the Wikipedia definition. I drank it in Calif. when I was a child and years later it finally is on the shelves in my small town in Missouri.

Amazingly enough, the raspberry does cut the citrus taste......... icon_lol.gif

Diane

Ahhh! Thanks for the response. I will look for it here, and see if I like it. If nothing else, I'm pretty sure my son will.. heh

Thanks again!!

Holly

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 7 Aug 2007 , 12:48pm
post #67 of 67

I'm glad to see that most of you tell your customers.
My new son-in-law is allergic to alcohol, even the little amounts in extracts, and I would most definitely want to know...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%