Wow, It Feels Wonderful Outside!! Fall Is Here!

Decorating By MariaLovesCakes Updated 2 Oct 2006 , 7:56am by auntsushi

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 40

I live in Orlando, FL and its been pretty hot!!

I just stepped outside my house to pour out some dirty water (I am mopping the floors) and BAM!!! A wonderful breeze of nice cold air!!!!

Ahhhhhh! How nice!

But I have to tell you, eventhough I love it, I get depressed at the same time! Its more nostalgic than anything else.

At first I thought I was missing my family, which doesn't live here, but I heard on the news some time ago, that is actually something that a lot of peoeple suffer of. I didn't know!

39 replies
Cookie_Brookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cookie_Brookie Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:41pm
post #2 of 40

Its been in the 60's here in Kentucky and it feels so good!!! icon_smile.gif I love the fall.

I get those same feelings in the winter after the holidays. It's called seasonal affective disorder or SAD. Here is a link that tells about it.

http://www.ncpamd.com/seasonal.htm

luvbakin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbakin Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:49pm
post #3 of 40

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE the cooler weather. We have had a REALLY hot summer here in So. Cal. We are still in the upper 80's, but I saw on the weather report next week we are going to be in the upper 70's!!! I'm so excited. Maybe I'll bake some bread!

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:50pm
post #4 of 40

I LOVE FALL!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Bring on the cooler weather, boots, jeans, hot cocoa, and Halloween!

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:55pm
post #5 of 40

I know what you mean! I LOOOOVE autumn. It keeps me in NY. (My Dh thinks I'm nuts because I also LOOOOVE winter, snowdays and shoveling!). If anything I would move further north than I am now because we didn't get that much snow last season.

The changing of the seasons always gets me nostalgic too. (especially autumn). It's kind of a foreshadow of the coming holiday seasons and who can help but think of family then? I always do.

mvigil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mvigil Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:59pm
post #6 of 40

We went to the mountains this weekend it was wonderful

Check out the colors changing already
LL

leightorres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leightorres Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 40

Oh my too! And in New York its really nice this year because for once we're actually getting an Autumn! For so many years now its gone right from Summer to Winter I feel like. I can't wait for Halloween! Does anyone have any special cakes planned?

Ironbaker Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 40

Not yet leighttorres but I'm thinking already. My job goes all out for halloween, each department chooses a theme and dresses up. My department is thinking "Survivor" this year (or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.) We already have a lot of good ideas for dress up and decor.

I know we wouldn't have cake on the island but who cares! lol

kaste28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaste28 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:08pm
post #9 of 40

What beautiful, clear pictures! Really makes me miss living in the west. icon_sad.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:09pm
post #10 of 40

Born and raised in California, luvbakin must be somewhere near me because it was 93 degrees here last week. I have been to Pennsylvania and West Virginia in October and as we flew into Pittsburgh airport I got a glimpse of what your autumns are like, acres of beautiful trees in all their fall colors.

mvigil Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:13pm
post #11 of 40

OOOPS SORRY !

I put the photo twise ! icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Maria can you help me remove one ???

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:13pm
post #12 of 40

Oh, I have been praying for cold weather and it was 95 degrees on Monday icon_confused.gif but today, there was a nice breeze and I woke up early and actually needed a blanket! icon_surprised.gif

I am so ready for fall, and baking cookies and jeans and boots.... I always feel thinner in winter since I can wear a bag sweater almost everywhere and it hides the roll.....s icon_lol.gif

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:58pm
post #13 of 40

mvigil- you are making me so homesick!! icon_cry.gif

I moved away from NM over 7 years ago and haven't been back at all...I used to spend so much time in the Jemez mtns, it really is so beautiful this time of year! And your avatar- those look like the same rocks i had a view of from my kitchen window when I lived in Cuyamunque-oh, the colors at sunset on those rocks were breathtaking!

I am finally returning in a few weeks for my friends wedding (yes, I am making the cake) and I am so afraid I won't want to leave.

Amber

mvigil Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:17pm
post #14 of 40

Hi Amber ,
I 'm able to see the Jemez Mtns every time I walk out my back door!
We wanted to give the boys a closer look so we drove up this weekend !

I am very proud to be from New Mexico !!
My grandparents would allways take us for drives and I allways loved looking out the window at everything our states has to offer !!! usaribbon.gif

Post a photo of your cake when your done with it !!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:21pm
post #15 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigil

OOOPS SORRY !

...I gotcha fixed up! icon_smile.gif

mvigil Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:28pm
post #16 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMissey

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvigil

OOOPS SORRY !

...I gotcha fixed up! icon_smile.gif

THANKS Missey,
You are allways so helpful!! thumbs_up.gif

erinkalins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinkalins Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:38pm
post #17 of 40

I have to tell you, the first morning I can step outside, breath deep and say AHHHH, its FALL...is my happiest day of the year. I live in Western MD...and the leaves and mountians are beautiful! Happy Baking everyone!

MariaLovesCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:42pm
post #18 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie_Brookie

Its been in the 60's here in Kentucky and it feels so good!!! icon_smile.gif I love the fall.

I get those same feelings in the winter after the holidays. It's called seasonal affective disorder or SAD. Here is a link that tells about it.

http://www.ncpamd.com/seasonal.htm

Thanks for giving me the link. I will look it up! I had no idea, well until I heard, that this was something that happened to other people.

MariaLovesCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:47pm
post #19 of 40

Mountains!!! I miss the mountains!!!! Florida is as flat as flat comes....

except for some areas where they have hills! but hills are not MOUNTAINS!!!

Thanks for sharing the picture and thank you Missey for deleting the double pic!

GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:52pm
post #20 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Not yet leighttorres but I'm thinking already. My job goes all out for halloween, each department chooses a theme and dresses up. My department is thinking "Survivor" this year (or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.) We already have a lot of good ideas for dress up and decor.

Wow how fun is that...where do you work?

GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:55pm
post #21 of 40

I love the Fall...think of halloween, thanksgiving and all the goodies you can bake. Happy Fall everyone!

fabbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fabbo Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:55pm
post #22 of 40

It's finally fall here in the midwest! The trees are just starting to change, the air is cooler today ( it's 60's), and it's Corn Fest time in my town (big deal here)! I lived in El Paso,Tx some time ago and was so homesick! Moved to Colorado after that. Colorado was BEAUTIFUL! But alas, back to where I belong in the midwest. icon_smile.gif -fabbo

dydemus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dydemus Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 6:56pm
post #23 of 40

Okay, I have to admit, it's a little cooler here in Florida, but Tampa still feels pretty hot. It's the upper 80's - so while I don't melt into a puddle as soon as I step out the door, it's still too warm for this native Pacific Northwester!! So all those with northern climates, enjoy autumn for me please!!

sweetamber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetamber Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 7:55pm
post #24 of 40

dydemus, I'm with you! I think that's what I hated most about living in Florida- too hot and very little seasonal changes. I missed fall so much! Now I am really glad to be in Michigan where there are 4 very distinct seasons and it's not 90% humidity 10 months out of the year. I'll send you thoughts of warm apple cider and falling leaves!

Amber

kaste28 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 8:34pm
post #25 of 40

dydemus - me, too! I moved to Florida from Idaho last year. How long does it take to get used to this awful place?!?

MariaLovesCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 9:00pm
post #26 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaste28

dydemus - me, too! I moved to Florida from Idaho last year. How long does it take to get used to this awful place?!?

Oh, come on, its not that bad! I mean, I've never been to Idaho. How is the weather there?

It used to be much cooler here around this time of year, many years ago. I guess we can blame this on el Niño and global warming!!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Ironbaker Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 9:12pm
post #27 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisCakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

Wow how fun is that...where do you work?

I work at a communications and incentives (travel and awards) company. I'm in the department that designs and implements programs for other companies that help them motivate their employees or customers. (earning points for prizes or reaching goals to earn trips) We have to practice what we preach and it is a fun place to work...no complaints! If I'm not baking fulltime yet, I better be enjoying myself. icon_lol.gif

I stepped outside about an hour ago and wanted to lay down on the sidewalk - it was gorgeous out!! Even with the threat of rain. The wind was blowing nicely and the tree out front is turning orange. Oh I love this time of year. icon_biggrin.gif

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 9:34pm
post #28 of 40

It's almost fallish in FL! It's my favorite season too! The mosquitos die and so does the humidity!

kaste28 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 10:27pm
post #29 of 40

MariaLoveCakes - The weather in Idaho is perfect all year long! Ha! It's cold and miserable in the winter and hot in the summer, but like they say - it's a dry heat! Actually, I hated the winters in Idaho and I LOVE the fall and winter in Florida, but the summer is sure hard to take! I think fall is wonderful no matter where you are! It's always been my favorite season, and Halloween is my favorite holiday!!!

MariaLovesCakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 11:09pm
post #30 of 40

Yay, talk about the mosquitos and those pesky love bugs that are EVERYWHERE!!!!! Luckily, they have a very short cycle!!

But yes, peacockplace, that is one of the wonderful things about fall and winter, the decrease on the pesky insects...!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%