Don't Want To Cause Trouble But Where Is That Blue Cake??

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 28 Sep 2006 , 7:34pm by melodyscakes

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:33pm
post #1 of 32

I went to go look at that Beautiful blue cake in My favorites that everyone loved with the ruffles and the so called secret to the shine...What happened to it??Did the member delete it?? icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Laurel icon_wink.gif

31 replies
jen1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jen1977 Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 32

I have no idea what cake you are talking about, but why would it stir up trouble asking about it?

Kiddiekakes Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 7:55pm
post #3 of 32

The cake is no longer in the galleries and many people wanted to know the secret about how she got the shine....she even mentioned it was her little secret and by the wording in some comments I think members felt like she didn't want to share...and maybe she felt badgered into telling so decided to delete the pic!!All purely speculation of course icon_wink.gif

CrystalsCakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CrystalsCakes5 Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 9:55pm
post #4 of 32

So if you save a picture to fav. it can be deleted?

I will have to get mine in a folder!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:23am
post #5 of 32

I didn't save hers, but here's a copy of the original, if that helps...
it was in 'a walk of cakes' on 5/29/2005
LL

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:30am
post #6 of 32

I'm so glad you asked! I've been looking for it for days. It is so beautiful. I'm sorry if she felt like she needed to remove it and I do wish I knew how she made it look like satin.

Michele

Kiddiekakes Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:38am
post #7 of 32

Yeah..I know lots of people were hoping she would divulge but I guess not!!! Beautiful cake though!!

lcdmarie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lcdmarie Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:46am
post #8 of 32

beautiful thanks for reposting it icon_wink.gif

lsawyer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lsawyer Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 1:48am
post #9 of 32

Here's the original thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-363212.html#363212

She recently posted it in the photos; said she made it for her son or daughter's (?) wedding. It has the exact same table, side cake, etc. as the Walk of Cakes photos from 2005 (mentioned above). I guess she made it back then? Perhaps she's too modest to mention that her cake was published? I commented in her photo that others have seen it and commented on its beauty and referenced the thread. I guess it was deleted after that? I'll check my saved photos; if it's still there, I'll post the link.

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:01am
post #10 of 32

You are right, I have this same cake photo printed from the Cake Walk sometime last year (didn't save it to my computer though, so I don't have a name for it. Do you suppose those pictures are still on that website? Janice

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:02am
post #11 of 32

The "Blue Cake" is spectacular! WOW!!! What is the "Walk of Cakes"? Is there a posting somewhere? Are there more cakes like the "Blue Cake"?

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:14am
post #12 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsawyer

She recently posted it in the photos; said she made it for her son or daughter's (?) wedding. It has the exact same table, side cake, etc. as the Walk of Cakes photos from 2005 (mentioned above). I guess she made it back then? Perhaps she's too modest to mention that her cake was published? I commented in her photo that others have seen it and commented on its beauty and referenced the thread. I guess it was deleted after that? I'll check my saved photos; if it's still there, I'll post the link.

Im confused.....I just read that link and all I saw was someone asking how to do that cake...is there a post missing or something? ...maybe Im missing something? icon_confused.gif

Monica0271 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Monica0271 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:16am
post #13 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinsline7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsawyer

Im confused.....I just read that link and all I saw was someone asking how to do that cake...is there a post missing or something? ...maybe Im missing something? icon_confused.gif

That is the exact something that I thought icon_confused.gif

mary-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mary-ann Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:22am
post #14 of 32

I downloaded the posted picture and it looks exactly like the one on the link. Maybe this was all a hoax? The person was a newbie and doesn't have any posts or pictures now.

daltonam Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
daltonam Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:29am
post #15 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary-ann

I downloaded the posted picture and it looks exactly like the one on the link. Maybe this was all a hoax? The person was a newbie and doesn't have any posts or pictures now.

who was a newbie icon_confused.gif

7yyrt Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:46am
post #16 of 32

lapazlady and others:
The large one she first posted WAS the same one from 'the walk', her client sent it to her and wanted her to copy it...Later she made one and posted THAT picture also...
I DO have 28 pictures saved on my hard drive from the same exhibit. I think I might have found most of them on egullet, Steve Klk was one of the people interviewed...

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 2:56am
post #17 of 32

Here's a link to the photos of the "Cake Walk at Central Park", May 27, 2005 a blog by Mrs.Bee.

http://www.weddingbee.com/2005/05/27/cakewalk-at-grand-central/

The blue cake is #47 from the top, but it doesn't say who the decorator is.

Here's another link of photos: http://www.lasadh.com/archives/2005/05/cakewalk.htm

This is a quote from Google Search "CAKEWALK AT GRAND CENTRAL, a gallery exhibition of 50 exquisitely decorated wedding cakes created by premier sugar artists from across the United States"

Did we have a premier sugar artist in our midst? Janice

7yyrt Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:05am
post #18 of 32

Ooh, those are bigger than mine!
Thanks for the links! BTW, I have some of the names, if anyone needs them. icon_smile.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:23am
post #19 of 32

I checked out the second website and looked at a larger photo. It says on the bottom of the cake "Marina Sousa, Just Cake, Capitola Ca .
Her website it Justcake.com

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:25am
post #20 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7yyrt

lapazlady and others:
The large one she first posted WAS the same one from 'the walk', her client sent it to her and wanted her to copy it...Later she made one and posted THAT picture also...
I DO have 28 pictures saved on my hard drive from the same exhibit. I think I might have found most of them on egullet, Steve Klk was one of the people interviewed...

ok I think I get it now.....txkat posted the walk picture to find ideas on how to do it......then made her own version of the cake...posted her picture of what she did and thats the "missing blue cake"...right?? icon_confused.gif

am I right....boy I hope so if not I give up! icon_lol.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:28am
post #21 of 32

You can aceive a shine like that by using a big fluffy brush and any luster dust. You buff it real fast and it come looking gorgeous. I dip the brush in some luster dust apply to fondant and sweep back and forth real fast . The motion buffs it real shiny.

MaryAnn

7yyrt Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:29am
post #22 of 32

Got in one, twinsline7! icon_biggrin.gif

CakeRN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeRN Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:32am
post #23 of 32

I think what they were saying is that when she supposedly made the cake and put it in her photo's it was the exact same cake picture on the same white square stand. So I think they are saying she really did not make it and posted someone elses photoand passed it off as hers.....(Marina Sousa is the person that made the original cake for the cake walk).

Did I get it right?....

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 3:54am
post #24 of 32

I don't think that the person that asked for help in making this cake is the one that posted the pic a few days ago. As soon as I saw the pic I looked at the person's profile, and they had 0 posts. It couldn't have been the same person unless they made a new account.

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:18am
post #25 of 32

I had saved that photo to my computer as it was gorgeous. I always include the name of the creator so that I can refer if I ever need to....the name of the poster for that cake on CC (which is the exact same cake as the one from Cake Walk by Marina Sousa) was not Marina Sousa - unless she's going by another name

veronelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veronelly Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:30am
post #26 of 32

I was on CC when that picture was downloaded. In the description she said she had made the cake recently for her daughters wedding. I wanted to know how she did the ruffles and about the shiny blue effect on the cake. I never did recieve a msg back. I think its because she doesnt know how its done because she ripped this picture off. The reason i think it has been deleted is probably because someone reconized the cake and reported it as not her work - some people are so sad, taking all the compliments on a cake they had no part in!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 4:45am
post #27 of 32

I have seen where some one used an air brush filled with luster dust and sprayed on to the cakes. That is a possibility on that part. Now the ruffles could have beem placed on the cake then posisioned the ruffles with tissues till dried then dusted with the airbrush. JMHO

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:10am
post #28 of 32

I am guessing the sparkle is luster dust in an airbrush. Not certain how the ruffles were done but you might email Marina Sousa at Just Cakes and ask. All she can do is say no, and some decorators are very sharing and willing to help out another person.

KatieTaylor77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatieTaylor77 Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:27am
post #29 of 32

I remember someone saying the ruffles were blown sugar . . . what a mess. D-R-A-M-A!

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 28 Sep 2006 , 5:36am
post #30 of 32

Possibly pulled sugar, but I don't think blown. I am more in the thought of fondant. Pulled sugar is quite heavy and I don't know how you would support those ruffles.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%