I Have A Confession.....

Decorating By hockeygirl658 Updated 27 Sep 2006 , 5:44am by butterflyjuju

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:40pm
post #1 of 37

I don't really like cake all that much. icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_redface.gif

I love to make cake. I love to decorate cake. I love to design cake. I just don't care to eat cake that much. Given the choice between cake and say....pie, lemon bars, chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake, etc. Well, lets just say the cake will usually loose. Not that I don't think there aren't great tasting cakes out there too! Just not my preference.

Anyone else share my little secret?

BTW- Hubby doesn't much care for cake either. Which is why we only had a very smally one tier 9" round to do the cake cutting thing with at our wedding. We used pie to feed everyone (and ourselves) with! icon_lol.gif

36 replies
GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 37

I love pie as well...even more then cake!

Its a good thing because you can decorate your fingers away without adding to your hips!

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:47pm
post #3 of 37

Not me - I LOVE CAKE!!! But, I do have friends that are not cake fans, and one even served pie at her wedding, too...you aliens are like the others that don't like chocolate!!! tee hee.

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:48pm
post #4 of 37

I am the same way; I LOVE pies, cookies and brownies!!! I started cake decorating because I wanted to learn how to bake a cake and do it well; then I bought a cake from a lady who made GREAT tasting and beautiful cakes and I figured, I could do that; so, I DID IT!!!! icon_lol.gif

Momof4luvscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momof4luvscakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:48pm
post #5 of 37

I don't eat much cake, but after making about 500 or so, I just don't want to eat them. I still love pies, and bars, and brownies though!! Got a homemade apple pie in the oven right now! It's nice to bake something else once and a while!

hockeygirl658 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

Its a good thing because you can decorate your fingers away without adding to your hips!

ROFL! Genesis, how I wish that were true! I have never been accused of not being a, ahem, shall we say a healthy eater. icon_redface.gif My hips get added to with or without cake. So I guess it is a good thing I don't like it too or I would really have a problem. icon_rolleyes.gif

debsuewoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debsuewoo Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:56pm
post #7 of 37

I'm not a big cake eater myself.... I find if I bake them I don't usually want to eat them. My thing is nuts... mixed nuts, cashews, pistacios, anything buy peanuts.

GenesisCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenesisCakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 3:59pm
post #8 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeygirl658

Quote:
Quote:

ROFL! Genesis, how I wish that were true! I have never been accused of not being a, ahem, shall we say a healthy eater. icon_redface.gif My hips get added to with or without cake. So I guess it is a good thing I don't like it too or I would really have a problem. icon_rolleyes.gif

I have definilty gained weight since I started decorating....AGH I guess that's one of the down falls.... icon_cry.gif

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:00pm
post #9 of 37

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with this little secret! I love the process of designing and decorating cakes, but don't like eating them! Actually, I don't care for sweets much at all. Give me chips and salsa any day over sweets, or fresh baked bread! I used to have a bread maker and had to give it away because it was helping add to my hips! icon_lol.gif

rosiecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecakes Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:01pm
post #10 of 37

USED to Love cake, could not walk into local bakery "swiss confectionary" without nearly climaxing...lol. Fastforward hundreds of cakes later and i am OVER cake addiction, now only have a lil peice every now and then for "quality control"

peajay66 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peajay66 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:02pm
post #11 of 37

I'm that way with pie. I've always be a pie baker. LOVE to make pies! But I really don't care to eat much pie. MAYBE one slice if it's cherry or Chocolate Cream. That's why I usually only make pies if I have a "reason" like Thanksgiving or a bake sale or something.

I'm getting to the point I don't like cake much either, but I'm not totally there yet. I did get tired of "decorated" cake though and made myself a Deep Chocolate cake with Peanut Butter frosting. YUM!

lilie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilie Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:03pm
post #12 of 37

Personally, I love cake, but I have one son that will only eat pumpkin pie and one son that will eat cake, just don't put any icing on it. I try to stay away from cake because I fight the battle of the buldge!!!!!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:04pm
post #13 of 37

I can eat an entire cake myself, but cookies .......!? I dont' like peanut butter cookies, oatmeal cookies, coconut cookies, my choc with peanut butter chips cookies, my lemon cookies (and these are my most popular!) ..... lots of times, when I try a new recipe (like for oatmeals) I'll have to take them in to work and ask my co-workers "does this taste ok?" because I can't tell because I don't like those cookies! Makes it a little tough sometimes! icon_rolleyes.gif

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:12pm
post #14 of 37

Cake, pie, brownies/bars, cookies, candy, chocolate, ice cream, or RAW SUGAR! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif Give them all to me and I am in heaven.

Got it from my Mom who would say, "Give me the biggest piece and make sure I have a rose on it!"

I can't understand my DH, he prefers pie and ice cream to anything else sweet. I think he is missing an important sweet gene and I was worried about my son's DNA until he showed definite signs he took after me. icon_lol.gif

lapazlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lapazlady Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:15pm
post #15 of 37

Make 'um and decorate 'um but not eat 'um. Give me a pie anytime. (Even cookies would be before cake.)

kaste28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kaste28 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:27pm
post #16 of 37

I sure hope I can eventually be like some of you and stop liking cake after I do a bunch of them. I love cake, pie, cookies, you name it! But only my own, since I know exactly what I like and that's how I make them. My very favorite is cherry pie, and I literally could eat the whole thing myself! icon_cry.gif

CoutureCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CoutureCake Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:35pm
post #17 of 37

I eat about a tablespoon's worth total for the "quality control" factor then, that's enough for me to last a while. I enjoy the baking/decorating part MUCH MUCH more. I'm much more into (good) eclairs and cream puffs as my preference. On my birthday I make those and people look at me funny because "why aren't you having cake"..

Of course, I've gotten to the point too where if there's a cake that I know what bakery it came from I might get a piece and have A bite, but my daughter gets the rest icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

Now, if my hips only LOOKED like I only eat that amount of cake/cookies/pie.. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:43pm
post #18 of 37

I like naked cake. No frosting!! I have to have my hubby taste my frosting to make sure it's good since it's all yucky to me. I am with you guys on pie, I love it!! Apple and pumpkin are my weakness. Oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and my mom's sugar cookie recipe are also something I can't resist. Luckily I have coworkers so I don't eat all of it myself!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:48pm
post #19 of 37

lalana: Thank goodness someone besides me who thinks icing is YUCK!!!!
I like cake, actually most sweets (certain flavors). My first weakness is fresh baked bread w?butter. icon_rolleyes.gificon_lol.gif

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:51pm
post #20 of 37

Heck, I love cake, I love icing. Especially buttercream. I even like fondant!

hockeygirl658 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:55pm
post #21 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

My first weakness is fresh baked bread w?butter.

Now you're talking! I could eat a whole loaf just out of the oven. icon_rolleyes.gif

mlynnb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mlynnb Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 4:56pm
post #22 of 37

Lalana wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

I like naked cake. No frosting!!

LOL! Naked cake! I love that expression! If I'm gonna eat it, that's the way I like it, too. icon_lol.gif

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 5:56pm
post #23 of 37

I feel like Homer Simpson sitting at my desk drooling!! This turkey sandwich just isn't doing it! Man we need an oven in the break room at my work.

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 8:35pm
post #24 of 37

icon_biggrin.gif ...insert evil laugh here...
LL

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 8:39pm
post #25 of 37

7yyrt - you meanie.....spoon fulls of pure raw sugar in a pretty format.........my favorite!

mkerton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mkerton Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 8:49pm
post #26 of 37

I like cake, but dont much care for the frosting.....just give me the cake part...yummy...but I also love cookies and bars...pie really isnt my thing, but once and awhile warm apple pie with a scoop of ice cream is pretty heavenly (but then again so is a warm brownie with ice cream)........

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 8:51pm
post #27 of 37

When I started decorating I did not like cake (only high quality chocolate cake with chocolate icing--yeah, I'm a snob! icon_lol.gif ). Once I started baking more myself and trying better recipes, I started eating my cakes--even things that were not chocolate!! icon_eek.gificon_eek.gif But, now I'm back to caring less about eating cake, though, if a quality chocolate w/ chocolate is put in front of me, who am I to deny it?! icon_lol.gif But the good thing is now, it can be one of my quality chocolate/chocolate cakes. thumbs_up.gif I really do like pies. Brownies and cookies are okay, but don't go crazy over them.

imtrying Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imtrying Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:06pm
post #28 of 37

I was afraid I might be the only one out there that loves to decorate but just not eat cake! Ice cream? sure. Cookies? Yup. Bread? Absolutely! Just not cake. Lucky my DH can't get enough so there is always appreciation at my house for the practice cakes.

barbara-ann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbara-ann Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:19pm
post #29 of 37

I don't like sweets, but i just love chips and salsa, potato chips, warm bread and cold butter; but they don't love me!

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:22pm
post #30 of 37

I don't like sweets of any kind. I don't care for cake, pies or cookies. I do love ice cream, and like some pastries that aren't too sweet. I don't don't care for sweet things. But I love good art, and I love creating, and cake decorating is really fun! I have no idea how half my products taste, I just have to rely on other people telling me, as I just don't think any of it tastes good. I made cake balls and tasted one and thought it was disgusting, but everyone around me loves them (especailly the ones with Kahlua in them) So I guess I am missing a taste bud or something! hahaha

My problem is I love food. I love making really big meals, with lots of variations, and I love bread, any bread! I could live on bread!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%