I Have A Confession.....

Decorating By hockeygirl658 Updated 27 Sep 2006 , 5:44am by butterflyjuju

Lalana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalana Posted 26 Sep 2006 , 9:25pm
post #31 of 37

7yyrt: If only I knew of that idea when I got married!! That is a beautiful yummy looking cake!! I need to go home and get that oven fired up!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 1:16am
post #32 of 37

check out the site, they have quite a few 'naked' cakes. All layered with luscious ripe fruit and billowy whipped cream...
evil chuckle...

tatetart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tatetart Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 1:43am
post #33 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureCake

I. I'm much more into (good) eclairs and cream puffs as my preference. On my birthday I make those and people look at me funny because "why aren't you having cake"..

. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gif

Okay CoutureCake. It's not cream puffs or eclairs, but it is the best I could come up with on short notice.
Happy Birthday!
LL

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 2:10am
post #34 of 37

I love fresh hot bread, gooey iced cinnamon rolls, any kind of pie or cookie...but after making 1800+ cakes for other people, I am no longer a fan of eating cake. I do occasionally taste test cake trimmings to make sure it is ok, and I taste my frosting when I make it, but only to make sure I didn't forget the flavoring, or whatever.

My family refuses offers of cake for special occasions. Last birthday cake I made for anyone in the family was when my son turned 12. He will be 19 in December. Sometimes he will come into the house after being away for a while and say "Wow! Something smells good!...oh, it's only cake... Yuck!"

hahahahaha

LukeRubyJoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LukeRubyJoy Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 5:16am
post #35 of 37

Well, I'd have to say, if I was going to cheat on a diet it would probably be with Lays potato chips! Cake can be in the house, cookies, pie...I like them but don't really need them. But, if there are chips or peanut m-n-ms then I am in big trouble baby!

hockeygirl658 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hockeygirl658 Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 5:26am
post #36 of 37
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes he will come into the house after being away for a while and say "Wow! Something smells good!...oh, it's only cake... Yuck!"

ROFL! SugarFrosted that is too funny. Sounds like my DH.

"Smells yummy! Is is something I want or just another cake?" icon_lol.gif

Good think the decorating bug has bitten him. He has been helping me with all my cakes lately. (Check out my photos of our first FBCT. He did the whole thing by himself!!!) We both taste the frosting and trimmings to make sure they are up to par, but eat a piece of cake.....not so much.

butterflyjuju Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butterflyjuju Posted 27 Sep 2006 , 5:44am
post #37 of 37

I'm not too big on cake either. Sometimes I'll eat a piece but at most parties I just take the ice cream. Now my biggest downfall is pumpkin pie with whipped topping. When I was pregnant I always had two pies in the oven (no pun intended...lol) and generally ending up eating them both myself minus a piece or two. I still love pumpkin pie and am going to start making some soon with the fresh/frozen pumpkin that is in the freezer. YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%