Have You Seen This? It Is Absolutely Amazing!!!!

Decorating By hmarie_73 Updated 1 Aug 2007 , 2:28pm by weirkd

hmarie_73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hmarie_73 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:43am
post #1 of 67

Amazing, it's SUGAR!!!!
Folks: These might be made of cake frosting but who could take a bite?
You might appreciate these. Truly amazing and they are made of frosting!
THIS WOMAN IS DEFINITELY TALENTED....

Marzipan Babies
Thought you' d be as fascinated with these as I.
These are made with marzipan....really unbelievable!
While some of the faces may look "crafted" rather than "real", every detail is amazing, and the rest looks VERY real. Be blessed and enjoy the talent given one person by God.

Definition of Marzipan
Almond paste: a sweet paste made of ground almonds and sugar, often with egg whites or yolks, used as a layer in cakes or molded into ornamental shapes

UNBELIEVABLE
LL

66 replies
valora387 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valora387 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:47am
post #2 of 67

I've seen these before! This woman is a true artist! Her work is just amazing... can you imagine receiving an item with one of these little babies decorating it? It would be something to keep forever. Incredible!

nicksmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicksmom Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:48am
post #3 of 67

thats a little creepy if you ask me!!!

1gananny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1gananny Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:48am
post #4 of 67

Wow!! they are amazing, I agree with you, she is very talented. Thanks for sharing.

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:51am
post #5 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmom

thats a little creepy if you ask me!!!

I think if it were clay or something to KEEP, I wouldn't mind, but I think all these baby and and pregnant belly cakes are creepy. I COULD NOT pop one of these into my mouth ever. Now, is she talented? YES, but... ew...

Melissa

Eggshells Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eggshells Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:51am
post #6 of 67

Sorry to burst your bubble, these are NOT SUGAR, Marzipan or even edible, but she IS an amazing artist!!

I am on the artists mailing list, she makes these babies out of polymer clay, here is her website.

http://www.camilleallen.com/

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:51am
post #7 of 67

oh gosh, is this email still going around, sorry guys but these are made from polymer clay not marzipan.

hmarie_73 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:53am
post #8 of 67

Well that just sucks!!! icon_redface.gif I guess you cant belive every email that gets sent to you now can you...I feel a slight bit more talented now...no maybe not I couldn't even get a fondant rope to turn outright this weekend...LMAO.... icon_biggrin.gif

hmarie_73 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:54am
post #9 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggshells

Sorry to burst your bubble, these are NOT SUGAR, Marzipan or even edible, but she IS an amazing artist!!

I am on the artists mailing list, she makes these babies out of polymer clay, here is her website.

icon_cry.gif My bubble is SOOOOO bursted!!!

Eggshells Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 3:55am
post #10 of 67

this is what the artist has to say in an update:

UPDATED: August 16, 2005
*Note: If you've seen the "The Smell of Rain" or "Marzipan Babies" ( Or "Sugar Babies") email, you have probably seen some images taken from this website. However those pictures are really of sculptures created out of clay by Camille Allen.

The babies are not made of Marzipan - they were never made of marzipan or sugar or almond paste.
They are not real premature babies.

Eggshells Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:00am
post #11 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmarie_73

Quote:

LOL, that's ok...we ALL get those emails once in a while. I just happen to do a lot of internet research in my off time.

I got one about the ball pits in kids restaurants, and that was sooooooooo disturbing, but I did breath a sigh of relief when I found out it was all a hoax ! lol

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:02am
post #12 of 67

well regardless of what they are made of...they are incredibly detailed and that artist is impeccably talented....WOW icon_eek.gif

Jesjacster2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jesjacster2 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:03am
post #13 of 67

wow bursted or not that is amazing..if she can do it with clay she could likely do it with marzipan too.. Wish I had that talent hummm maybe I do its just not come out yet lol heres hoping

berryblondeboys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
berryblondeboys Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:03am
post #14 of 67

Well, now I feel better - polymer clay is fine... would be cute in a display.

If I had as much talent as she has in her pinky, I would be happy!

Melissa

sisita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sisita Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:26am
post #15 of 67

ok. Actually I see the website and the little babies are not made from marzipan, in the website Camille Allen says:
"I use various kinds of professional doll sculptors' clay to make the babies - polymer clays - such as Cernit or Prosculpt. The babies have soft English mohair to imitate fine baby hair and are blushed with paints for realism to enhance their tiny wrinkles and creases".

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 4:36am
post #16 of 67
Quote:

Amazing, it's SUGAR!!!!
Folks: These might be made of cake frosting but who could take a bite?
You might appreciate these. Truly amazing and they are made of frosting!
THIS WOMAN IS DEFINITELY TALENTED....

Marzipan Babies
Thought you' d be as fascinated with these as I.
These are made with marzipan....really unbelievable!
While some of the faces may look "crafted" rather than "real", every detail is amazing, and the rest looks VERY real. Be blessed and enjoy the talent given one person by God.

Definition of Marzipan
Almond paste: a sweet paste made of ground almonds and sugar, often with egg whites or yolks, used as a layer in cakes or molded into ornamental shapes

UNBELIEVABLE

They are made by Camille Allen and actually are not made of marzipan but of polymer clay.
http://www.camilleallen.com/index.htm
At one time she was selling the babies on eBAY and they were going for around $1,000 each! I emailed her and asked if she had ever considered making the molds for sale but she said she is hesitant to do that because she is afraid people will make an inferior product and try and pass them off as her work.

TanuvasaMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TanuvasaMama Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:11am
post #17 of 67

It cracks me up that she had to let people know that they are not pre-mature babies. WHO WOULD EVEN BELIEVE THAT THEY WERE??? I tell you, people make up the weirdest stuff. I can't believe that someone saw these and tried to convice other people that they were actually real.

And yes, she is amazing!

notjustcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
notjustcake Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:33am
post #18 of 67

yeah she is very talented but for an edible baby I prefer a less talented artist, I just don't see myself eating little babies

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:39am
post #19 of 67
Quote:

Quote:

Not for anything, but if she can make these out of polymer clay I'm sure she could out of marzipan or gumpaste too. But then again (like it's been said already), would you really want to eat one, or save it?

Such beautiful works of art like those are meant to be enjoyed visually, IMHO.

Eggshells Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 1:21pm
post #20 of 67

didn't someone post one in the galleries and try to pass it off as something they made with Marzipan?? I remember seeing one of these there and was going to comment about the similarity, but decided that discretion was the better part of valor, but since it's been commented upon here I figure, go for it..lol

hmarie_73 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 2:21pm
post #21 of 67

OMG I can't believe someone would do that!!! That's aweful. Here's a humorous afterthought...at least it made me chuckle when I thought of it...

Am I going to get in trouble for posting "nudey" pics somewhere other than the "naughty" place...LOL....

mezzaluna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mezzaluna Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 2:25pm
post #22 of 67

Am I the only one who thinks those things are really creepy? Why in the world would someone even want to OWN one?? What would you do with it.

I can, however, appreciate the artistry.

Eggshells Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 2:38pm
post #23 of 67
Quote:

OMG I can't believe someone would do that!!! That's aweful. Here's a humorous afterthought...at least it made me chuckle when I thought of it...

Am I going to get in trouble for posting "nudey" pics somewhere other than the "naughty" place...LOL....

tee hee ..you said "naughty place".... icon_lol.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:28pm
post #24 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzaluna

Am I the only one who thinks those things are really creepy? Why in the world would someone even want to OWN one?? What would you do with it.

I can, however, appreciate the artistry.

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What's so creepy about a baby? I think they're adorable. Part of the reason I have three!

Seriously, I do have photos of my children when they were babies and many other people who aren't they're parents say they're cute. I happen to think other babies, besides my own, are pretty adorable, too.

hmarie_73 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:36pm
post #25 of 67

I believe the "creepy" part would be the eating of the baby...I could never even think about eating one of these...it just seems wrong. But on display in your home, say maybe a nursery or something would be very cute...

foots2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foots2 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:41pm
post #26 of 67

This woman is so talented.They are the most amazing things(since the real thing)that ive seen.They are awesome.

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:44pm
post #27 of 67

Here's the first one I ever saw in the galleries.....is this one real? I hope so because I complimented her - it's amazing looking. It's in my favorites....

http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_547383.html

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:49pm
post #28 of 67

Well there are a few of us that have made them out of gumpaste and marzipan. I have three in my photos that I made. No, I dont consider even eating them since the hair is mohair. But they are great decorations for a babyshower favor on a cupcake. I got my inspiration from the pictures you are showing now.

snowboarder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowboarder Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:51pm
post #29 of 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzaluna

Am I the only one who thinks those things are really creepy?

No. I don't get it either. The whole concept is totally lost on me.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 8:57pm
post #30 of 67

Lux, yes, that is really marizapan. Ive talked to her when I first started making mine.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%