How Do I Cover This Cake???

Decorating By Cyndi1207 Updated 29 Jul 2007 , 12:54am by Cyndi1207

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 4

I have this cake ordered as a groom's cake to feed 75 people next Saturday and just wanted to see how you all think it's covered??? Do I wrap each layer and stack them or put them together and just wrap the fondant in the different levels around it????................Lol...........obviously I could really use the help. Thanks everyone.

---Cyndi

3 replies
Relznik Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Relznik Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 11:39pm
post #2 of 4

I would cover / wrap the cakes, then stack them. If you stack them first and then cover them, it will just look like stripes... I don't think you'd get the effect that they're individual chips.

Good luck.

I look forward to seeing the finished result!

Suzanne x

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 11:41pm
post #3 of 4

for main stack...
black is the base on which the red and white are applied as strips and squares

note how you can see in the bottom photo especially, the sides of the white and red pieces -- that they are on top of the black..

and note in bottom photo you you can plainly see the edge of the red band around the top of the main stack.

top two chips are reversed -- the red is the base color and the white and black are on top...again note how you can see the edge of the black strip on the bottom of chip of the top two and the white is obviously on top all over (shows really well on the red)

Cyndi1207 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cyndi1207 Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 12:54am
post #4 of 4

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.........I see exactly what you're talking about. So I would cover with the black and add the red and white strips. The top would be done in red and then add the black and white strips.......right!? Thanks you guys.

---Cyndi

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%