Beauty And The Beast Quince Cake..

Decorating By briansbaker Updated 12 Aug 2007 , 5:21pm by FrostinGal

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 12:38am
post #31 of 33

[url=cake stands]http://www.weddingcakestands.com/acrylicstands/crystal.htm[/url]

Is that the stand set? The link you posted isn't showing up for me.
I'm trying to get your setup right in my head.

What if you did the main cake with push-in style pillars, NOT Wilton.
Instead of a cake stand, check out plant stands. You can paint them different colors.
For my DD's sweet 16 I bought some of the clear glass tiles/blocks from Lowe's to use as a stand. Can you do something like this?
I think it's time to think outside the box. icon_biggrin.gif There are cylindrical vases that could be used in pretty much the same way. Check out your local floral supply or craft stores.
If you go with the cupcakes, some gold cupcake liners would be beautiful.
What if you made a stand with foamcore circles and styrofoam circles? You can paint it any color you want, or cover it with fondant. Some swags of gold organza would mimic the flounces on Belle's gown, hung from the tiers of the stand. You could place flowers at the places where it is attached to the boards.
I wish I had a sketch for you. One large foamcore stand and two smaller ones on each side, maybe? You could put the "15" and the rose under a bell jar on the top of each of the smaller ones?

mccorda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mccorda Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 1:20pm
post #32 of 33

Try this link
http://cgi.ebay.com/8-Tier-Clear-Wedding-Dessert-Cupcake-Cake-Stand-Set-NEW_W0QQitemZ220137444727QQihZ012QQcategoryZ102424QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
These guys carry stands at a very reasonable price. I have not bought from them yet but I really want to when I get someone who wants a cake set up this way.

FrostinGal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FrostinGal Posted 12 Aug 2007 , 5:21pm
post #33 of 33

Mccorda, I have bought from that seller before with excellent results! I bought favor items.
I really like those stands! And the price is even better! LOL
With this work for you, briansbaker? The fountain would look great on top of the center, shorter tier, or even on the table!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%