Transporting 3D Teddy Bear

Decorating By prettysweet Updated 22 Sep 2006 , 9:49pm by rosita6882

prettysweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
prettysweet Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 8:49pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a trick on getting a 3D bear to its destination intact? It doen't fit in any cake boxes or cake savers. I'm using Wilton's new 3 level display unit so I can carry the 12' and 10' in cake savers but poor teddy might have a rough ride. Luckily I don't have to go too far but it's still a problem. Any suggestions?

7 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 8

is it going to be by itself or on top of another cake, if it's on another cake you can just dowel it and it should be fine

rajinaren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rajinaren Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 8:59pm
post #3 of 8

Even i want to know how to transport 3d cakes.

doc_farms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doc_farms Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 9:03pm
post #4 of 8

I would say to set him ontop of thick cardboard (or and beat a dowel through. Instead of cutting the dowel to the "right height," just leave it long and then when you get there, twist twist pull. Once you pull it out you can put it wherever you need it.

I have never done this, but it sounds good....icon_smile.gif

Good luck, Miah

katskreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katskreations Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 8

Sometimes I put them in a box and tape the sides so the lid can't close all the way. You can also put 2 boxes together (1 inside the other) and have the 2 lids meet in the middle over the cake like a tent.

donnajf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
donnajf Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 8

I dowelled my large bear into place ( 12x18 sheet) & made a foil tent over the cake box... got there in tact, BTW the weather was HHH! icon_surprised.gif and I packed the baby bears in a 10x10 box.

Real nerve WRACKING! i was very happy when that was OVER icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

hope this helps thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

aggiedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aggiedecorator Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 9:46pm
post #7 of 8

I'm so glad you asked, 6 years ago I had to transport one to my niece's 1st birthday party. I rounded a corner and over the bear went. icon_surprised.gif I backed up and sat on the side of the road wondering how I was going to get to the party and a wonderful police officer stopped to render aid. I was so embarassed, I couldn't tell him the truth so I made up a ridiculous story about my car. He even stopped traffic so I could get back on the road. I drove the rest of the way holding the bear in my right hand with my finger up the rear!! icon_eek.gif

rosita6882 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosita6882 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 9:49pm
post #8 of 8

i usually put my 3Ds on a round cake and when i transport it i have someone else drive so i can hold it. i dont get someone else to drive incase somthing happens i only have myself to blame. i hold it so that with any sharp turns i can kind of tilt it which ever way i need to. it might not be a good idea for a long drive cuz they can get heavy real fast.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%