Airbrush Patterns

Decorating By martybeebe Updated 29 Jul 2007 , 6:37am by martybeebe

martybeebe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martybeebe Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 8:58am
post #1 of 4

Hello, I'm learning how to airbrush cakes and am looking for patterns. Does anyone know where I can find patterns or material to make my own patterns? Thanks.

3 replies
bisbqueenb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bisbqueenb Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:29pm
post #2 of 4

By 'patterns' do you mean stencils? I use stencils that I make from card stock for single use or you can use light weight plastics for more permanent stencil. Use an exacto knife to cut out the stencil....and you can use both the cut stencil AND the cut out portion to decorate your cake with sort of a positive/negative effect. I made one for today that I found a photo of a singer on the internet, printed on card stock, cut out the outline of the photo and used both pieces to create my decoration for my cake. I used the "stencil" portion [ positive image] in a very dark color as the focal point then used the part I had cut out [ negative image] to lightly airbrush over in a contrasting to leave a white image on the cake top. I hope I have explained this this so it makes sense to you! I have uploaded  a picture showing both the stencil and the finished cake.
http://www.cakecentral.com/cake-photo_837793.html

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 4

You can make your own 'stencil' using any paper - even wax paper - if you are going to use it only once or twice, especially for practice.
Another way to practice is to use paper towels w/patterns on them. Just fill in the pictureicon_smile.gif HTH

martybeebe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
martybeebe Posted 29 Jul 2007 , 6:37am
post #4 of 4

Thanks, I didn't know that I could use card stock to make a stencil. I'll try that tomorrow. I appreciate you answering my question.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%