Poinsettias

Decorating By tonenia Updated 22 Sep 2006 , 2:01pm by tonenia

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 6

I have not made gumpaste flowers as of yet but would like some ideas for beautiful Xmas cakes. I do not likefunky, but love elegant cakes. Does anyone have any ideas or help? I have made buttercream poinsettias but they are not fancy enough. I did see a gumpaste poinsetta and lost the instructions that was absolutely beautiful. Can anyone help?

5 replies
eilers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eilers Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 9:50pm
post #2 of 6

I did an attempt at a poinsettia cake last Christmas ... don't know if it's what your looking for ....
LL

Cakers84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakers84 Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 10:14pm
post #3 of 6

I have a link for instruction's shared by someone on another WEb site. It's long and involved but it might help you with making the poinsettia. Good Luck.

Gloria I

http://www.shavkin.com/nichopoint.html

Jenn1978 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn1978 Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 7:41am
post #4 of 6

have you thought about making them with royal frosting? that is what I use to make mine. I wish I had the picture of the one I did last year. I made a package with a big red/silver bow using poinsettias. Then I sprinkled the edible glitter over the cake...very elegant looking!

LeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeeAnn Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 8:26am
post #5 of 6

You can look in my photos but basically they are very easy and very effective, it is just gumpaste many different size petals which are like leave
going from small to big. the middle bits are cone shaped and cut like a pine cone.. Good luck
LL

tonenia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonenia Posted 22 Sep 2006 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 6

Thank you one and all for the great tips. Lee Ann your flowers are beautiful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%