Should I Pass Out Fliers?

Business By jmcakes Updated 28 Jul 2007 , 5:37pm by cakesbycathy

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 7

I haven't really advertised or done any big cakes (i.e. wedding cakes) but I really want to get up and going. I am the type of persone that I need a deadline in order to get off my butt and get it done. So I was wondering if I should go passout fliers or post them around and maybe I could get just a couple orders! I would be happy with two big cakes a month! I have no need to be greedy!! lol! So what do you all think?

6 replies
SophieBelle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SophieBelle Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:08am
post #2 of 7

I'd say check your local ordinances and then GO FOR IT!

alicegop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alicegop Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:13am
post #3 of 7

Are you legal? You shouldn't be handing out flyers and advertising if you aren't legal...

jmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmcakes Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:31am
post #4 of 7

oh really?!?! Good hting for all my CC'ers! No I am not liscensed just wilton certified..lol. Well the lady who did my wedding cake isn;t liscensed she just does it out of her home (no home bakeries in Michigan) and she advertises in the phone book!

Lorendabug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lorendabug Posted 27 Jul 2007 , 12:39am
post #5 of 7

Even if you are legal some cities don't allow you to put up fliers. But, check with some local businesses to see if you can leave some with them.

One thing that has helped me is to take samples and leave them with my number at local offices/business.

Good luck!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 2:35pm
post #6 of 7

Where would you "post" flyers? I probably wouldnt' order my wedding cake from a flyer nailed to a telephone pole. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Try checking florists and photographers; wedding chapels and reception sites; wedding planners.

cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 28 Jul 2007 , 5:37pm
post #7 of 7

If you are not licensed and are advertising you are asking for trouble!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%