Cake Idea

Decorating By bernie631 Updated 7 Jul 2005 , 4:32am by sheilaattaway

bernie631 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bernie631 Posted 2 Jul 2005 , 4:37am
post #1 of 10

DOES ANY ONE HAVE A CRAZY IDEA FOR A 13 YEAR OLD GIRL. I WOULD LIKE THE MAKE SOMETHING DIFFERENT

THANKS IN ADVANCE

[email protected]

9 replies
m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 4 Jul 2005 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 10

I don't know what to make, any favorite hobbies of her's?

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 4 Jul 2005 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 10

yeah not knowing what she likes and such is hard to get an idea out... and how different are you talking??? perhaps a madhatter cake with colors that scream different and girly?

CakesbyKimmie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesbyKimmie Posted 4 Jul 2005 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 10

You could try making a purse cake or a make up cake. I am sure a 13 year old would like it. Is she into fashion? You could always make it into a Coach purse.

If not, maybe try making one of the "tipsy" cakes in bright colors.

A photo cake is also an idea for any age. You can get a picture of when she was younger doing something crazy/embarrasing and work from there.

Hope this helps : )

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 4:23am
post #5 of 10

Maybe a tiered cake in neon colors?

MariaLovesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaLovesCakes Posted 5 Jul 2005 , 3:13pm
post #6 of 10

I just saw last night this wonderful and crazy cake this guy did on the Food Channel, I can't remember the show but they were taking about the story of the origins of birthday parties and this guy that owns a shop called Cake and Art, named Jesus, did this 5 tier cake with bright colors like purple, neon green, etc... and then decorated it with fondant with different shapes and sizes. They did this huge bow and put it on one side and a huge candle on top. I wish I had a picture to show...

ajbcmh1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ajbcmh1 Posted 6 Jul 2005 , 11:53pm
post #7 of 10

I saw that episode as well, but missed half of it.
I don't know when your cake is due, but the idea that "MariaLovesCakes"
suggested would fit your cake desire.
Here is the link for a brief discription and next showing.
http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/show_sf/episode/0,1976,FOOD_17616_37987,00.html.
If you can't get it go to foodnetwork.com and search under "The Secret Life Of" TV show.
Hope this helps.

missjane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missjane Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 12:01am
post #8 of 10

13 year old girl ..? ohh you could go NUTS!!!

I would do a two tiered cake ( whimsical of course!) and use fondant and paint it a zebra print and then put hot pink and lime green bows on it with neon decorations all over iticon_smile.gif

momsandraven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsandraven Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 12:27am
post #9 of 10

Maybe a cake that looks like every girl's favorite accessory - a PHONE! icon_lol.gif And I like the zebra print/neon colors idea too!

sheilaattaway Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sheilaattaway Posted 7 Jul 2005 , 4:32am
post #10 of 10

This is cute and girly! I also have a cake purse-makeup bag cake in my cakes. Let me know what colors you are looking for or type of cake I have lots of idea from other cake decorators.
LL
LL
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%