The Simpson Movie Cake Challenge Is On Right Now!!!!

Decorating By khoudek Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 7:01pm by CourtneysCustomCakes

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:04am
post #1 of 103

Just started ... gotta watch! icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

102 replies
beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:40am
post #2 of 103

watching it now! icon_smile.gif

adknight Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adknight Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 1:45am
post #3 of 103

Watching...

EverlastingSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:03am
post #4 of 103

I LOVED it!
But I hate to say this, I LOVE Bronwen, but I was kinda shocked to hear her reaction to her not winning. Was I the only one who picked up on the attitude? icon_surprised.gif

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:04am
post #5 of 103

Do not read if youi have not watched!

A bit in shocked about the outcome. It does not get better or as flawless for Bronwen!

She was robbed!

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:05am
post #6 of 103

Wow I was really disappointed that the TWO icon_eek.gif decorators didn't finish. I totally agree with the judge's decision although I really like the arch technique in Bronwens cake. Very controversial though.

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:08am
post #7 of 103

I loved the HUGE doughnut, and thought, how is that not depicting the movie when that's all you see in the posters, is the doughnut!
At first I thought the one who won, was not going to, because her's focused on Krusty. But then when they showed all of it, there were the other characters, she even had Itchy and Scratchy, she did a good job for a first time competitor!
I felt bad for that lady that didn't finish though...

moydear77 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:09am
post #8 of 103

Bronwen had a flawless execution and perfect cake. I am a huge Simpson fan and I think she captured the movie perfectly. She was robbed! After working for eight hours I would be frustrated too with all the back and forth.

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:13am
post #9 of 103

I agree Moy!
I love her cakes, did you see when she did that Ursula cake for the Villians Challenge? That was gorgeous! And yet, they flawed her.
I think the judges have been really hard on her lately.
I was just kinda disappointed that she showed a less-than-cheery sportsmanship when she lost.
I think she was just more irritated about how that one judge talked about her cake.

ValMommytoDanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ValMommytoDanny Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:20am
post #10 of 103

I am torn, great cakes. The two in question were both very good. I would not have wanted to be a judge as they both had great merits...

Now what bugged me was the give up attitude so quick in the beginning... Come on now...

Anyhoo... everyone did a wonderful job overcoming their challenges. They all should be proud of their work.

moydear77 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:20am
post #11 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSweets

I agree Moy!
I love her cakes, did you see when she did that Ursula cake for the Villians Challenge? That was gorgeous! And yet, they flawed her.
I think the judges have been really hard on her lately.
I was just kinda disappointed that she showed a less-than-cheery sportsmanship when she lost.
I think she was just more irritated about how that one judge talked about her cake.

The thing tha we don't take into consideration is they are out the money they spent on product. You go to these challenges using your own inventory. On top of that she had a custom made base board. Remember it is TV and things can be changed quite fast....Editing.

I have seen Bronwen several times and she is like the best friend you never knew.

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:26am
post #12 of 103

I'm glad you said that Moy! My husband was asking me who pays for their supplies and I had no clue.
I forgot about that skateboard she used as a base. She even put Matt Groening's name on the bottom of it, too bad you couldn't see it from the top view.
The one who really irritated me was that one guy at the end. I felt bad for his assistant who really came through for both of them at the end. The chef had such a give up attitude and his assistant pulled them through!

chqtpi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chqtpi Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:28am
post #13 of 103

I completely agree...I would be pretty ticked too if I had baked 60+ cakes and spent 8 hours flawlessly and then lost to somone whoe didnt do a 360 example. I mean Mary's cake was beautiful...but I dont think she followed the parameters as well as she could have. Not to mention the other two...but was it just me or did it seem that the others didnt practice their cakes at all? Maybe I'm being too harsh...I'm just surprised by the outcome. icon_rolleyes.gif

moydear77 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:31am
post #14 of 103

I think everyone can have bad days. I did a mini thing once and it was stressful.

Lets not forget the "trash" talk Mary had for Bronwen's cake. She said it was all doughnut. Well her cake was all Krusty.

moydear77 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:33am
post #15 of 103

There is also the burn when Bronwen lost in the Cupcake Challenge...Her cake was not 360*...all have been since!

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:33am
post #16 of 103

I forgot about the 360 condition!
I take it back!!!!! Bronwen rocks!
I'm telling you...conspiracy theory...
I'm off to form an angry mob..anyone want in?
icon_biggrin.gif

Katie9812 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie9812 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:34am
post #17 of 103

What is this?? I want to watch...what station...I live in Canada--I wonder when it's on here?!?!

chqtpi Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:40am
post #18 of 103

I'm in on the mob icon_smile.gif I want a torch though..icon_smile.gif lol....

I forgot about the cupcake challenge...her flower was SOOO cute icon_smile.gif
I think they are just being hard on her because she kicks a$$ and knows it icon_smile.gif Kerry Vincent is especially hard on them...but shes pretty dang talented too....has she EVER had a bad "cake" day?

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:42am
post #19 of 103

It was on the Food Network at 8 p.m. CST here.
And I loved the way Bronwen did the Simpsons turning spindle. The characters had more of an art look to them.

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:44am
post #20 of 103

when was the Cupcake challenge??? I missed one????
The last one I saw was Extreme Cakes with Duff as host.
I've got tons of torches, all the pitchforks and rotten tomatoes are spoken for...
icon_lol.gif

ape Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ape Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:52am
post #21 of 103

Tough call for sure! I don't think any of the cakes were really 360 degree showpieces though. As always, whenever you try to judge "art" you're going to get very biased viewpoints.

OK...the only thing that REALLY bothers me....when it's clear someone didn't PRACTICE something!!!!!

EverlastingSweets Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:56am
post #22 of 103

hey Ape! I'm in Houston too? Northwest at Beltway, whereabout are you?
That one lady that didn't finish really should've had someone who was at least in the bakery business to help her!

chqtpi Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 2:59am
post #23 of 103

Everlasting--NO KIDDING!!!!

Seriously...If I was a plumber I wouldnt be bringing an opera singer to help me unclog a drain...sheesh!

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:06am
post #24 of 103

Thanks moydear 77. I started reading & I just got in from church. I had a meeting afterward, so we were really late. I'll have to watch it nest time it comes on.
Thanks again for the warning.

Momma2three Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Momma2three Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:11am
post #25 of 103

I am so glad to see others with the same opinion! My DH and I were watching and we both thought that the judges were being awfully critical of Bronwen. I told him it was just jealousy on the part of the judges. How could her cake NOT portray the theme?!! The donut is all that you see in the TITLE of the movie! Come on-she carved all those Simpson figures by hand and hand molded Marge! Yes, she should have been a better sport about losing, but she so deserved to win! Don't get me wrong, I think that the other cake was great, I just don't think that Bronwen had a fair "judging." JMHO

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:12am
post #26 of 103

in CA it is on in 45 mins. i had no idea though THANKS for the heads up thumbs_up.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:24am
post #27 of 103

I love Bronwen, she's such a sweetie-- but I actually agreed with the judges' choice. Just looking from the front I think the Krusty cake had more "excitement" and went with the theme a little better overall. It seemed more "alive". However both cakes were very close and I'm sure the judging was close as well.

I was surprised to hear Bronwen being negative about her loss, usually she isn't like that. As far as negative comments though I think they ask purposely pointed questions and then choose to air the answers they want us to hear, so I'm sure everyone had something negative to say in reply to whatever questions they were asked. They were probably asked TONS of questions and only a few replies got actually put on tv.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 3:50am
post #28 of 103

I thought it seemed like the judges were especially hard on Bronwen, too. Mary's cake was great, but I really thought Bronwen should have won. I can totally understand her voicing her frustration and disappointment, even though that's not her usual style. Her cake was outstanding and flawless.

khoudek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
khoudek Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 4:58am
post #29 of 103

I thought the Krusty cake rocked. My son in law is a Simpson die hard fan and he felt "the essence of the Simpsons" was captured better with Krusty. Whatever. I liked the giant donut too. Amazing how it was stacked and held up... talk about enigineering abilities! That said, all their designs were great. It would have been neat if the Bart cake was completed as I think that would have been really fun looking.

candice1988 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candice1988 Posted 26 Jul 2007 , 5:03am
post #30 of 103

I liked both of the cakes a lot , but I do agree that Mary's cake captured the movie more. Bronwen did kind of have a little attitude when she lost, too. She seemed a little cocky.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%