The Simpson Movie Cake Challenge Is On Right Now!!!!

Decorating By khoudek Updated 31 Jul 2007 , 7:01pm by CourtneysCustomCakes

moydear77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moydear77 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:12pm
post #91 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen13

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverlastingSweets

I LOVED it!
But I hate to say this, I LOVE Bronwen, but I was kinda shocked to hear her reaction to her not winning. Was I the only one who picked up on the attitude? icon_surprised.gif

I am sooooo glad that I am not the only one who picked up on that!!!

The magic of TV can make anyone sound bad.

krojano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krojano Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm
post #92 of 103

magic of tv??? or not ???? We all did see attitude but everyone has a bad day now and then it's human. icon_smile.gif

MahalKita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MahalKita Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:19pm
post #93 of 103

Just watched the Princess Challenge & didn't like that one either. It is more about the people than the cakes. Maybe it is just me but I think it should be about the cakes. Not as fun to watch as they use to be. BUT beautiful cakes.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:28pm
post #94 of 103

Maybe because I just watched it at 1:30 in the morning last night, but I didnt' see any "attitude" in anyone's comments. I saw them just "commenting". Maybe surprised that their work lost but when reading this thread, I was expecting a big hissy fit type of thing and I saw what I would call "normal" surprise reaction. icon_confused.gif

moydear77 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:30pm
post #95 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by krojano

magic of tv??? or not ???? We all did see attitude but everyone has a bad day now and then it's human. icon_smile.gif

I chatted with Bronwen the other day. I don't know why I get sucked into these debates. TV is TV and people have bad days. Regardless, I would be pretty angry at all the money spent and the fact she had a flawless execution. I didn't see attitude and she was pretty choked up.

trinity021 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trinity021 Posted 30 Jul 2007 , 11:45pm
post #96 of 103

I have to agree. These challenges seem to becoming less about the cake (or at least some of the cakes). Like the swiss army knife cake on the Extreme cakes challenge. Very extreme but not much cake. I loved Bronwen's donut. Though it did overpower the Simpsons characters, it was a great (big) cake. I did like all of the features/characters on the Krusty cake. I absolutely love watching these challenges. It amazes me what they can do with cake, icing, and fondant. I think one of my favorites (of the ones I've seen) was the Scooby Doo and the Mummy's Curse cake from the cartoon cake challenge (though I loved almost every cake in that challenge). I didn't get a chance to watch the princess cake challenge but I bet it was great.

krojano Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krojano Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:22am
post #97 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Quote:

I chatted with Bronwen the other day. I don't know why I get sucked into these debates. TV is TV and people have bad days. Regardless, I would be pretty angry at all the money spent and the fact she had a flawless execution. I didn't see attitude and she was pretty choked up.

okay i guess this is a delicate thread to read and reply since you know Bronwen. And you would want to stick up for a friend but everyone has their own opinion but i understand where your coming from.

moydear77 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 3:39am
post #98 of 103
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moydear77

Quote:

okay i guess this is a delicate thread to read and reply since you know Bronwen. And you would want to stick up for a friend but everyone has their own opinion but i understand where your coming from.

I guess my perpestive is based on the fact that my husband works in media also. Nothing is cut and dry when it comes to TV. They can shoot hours of footage and come up with any spin on anything. Been there and done that. They took footage from the Oklahoma Sugar Art Show and made a twist on that when I was there. I allow people to have there own opinion,but it is based in a two second sound bite which I find funny.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:28pm
post #99 of 103

Being that I don't know any of the competitors personally, I will only comment on the cakes. I think Krusty deserved the win.....the giant donut was cool and the engineering was great, but the character colors were a little off and Marge took a back seat to the donut.
I even liked the way the gold Homer trophy came out....considering all the trouble the guy had. I loved the idea behind the unfinished Bart cake...I'm sure next time she will be better prepared.

I agree with the comments about the competitions having become too outrageous. It's not about decorating anymore...it's more about sculpting non-cake materials. My fave in the princess challenge, for example, was the Jasmine cake....it was a gorgeous cake that fit the theme beautifully.
Since when does making a ginormous cartoon character out of pipe and rice crispies constitute a great cake decorator?

moydear77 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:40pm
post #100 of 103

I really liked the Jasmine cake!

I must have been tired...My atrocious spelling errors last night!

imartsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imartsy Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 1:43pm
post #101 of 103

I haven't read all the posts but this so sucks - they aren't showing it anymore and I missed it!!! icon_sad.gif My dad, brother, and I love the Simpsons!!!

moydear77 Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 2:29pm
post #102 of 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by imartsy

I haven't read all the posts but this so sucks - they aren't showing it anymore and I missed it!!! icon_sad.gif My dad, brother, and I love the Simpsons!!!

I can burn a copy for you icon_smile.gif

CourtneysCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CourtneysCustomCakes Posted 31 Jul 2007 , 7:01pm
post #103 of 103

I can understand how Bronwen felt. I think Bronwens was great and she always keeps on such a good face. I think anyone who did all that work for 8 hours straight deserves to be not very happy about the out come. I really think the judges did pickon her a little in the last few competitions I've seen with her. I just hope she just kiips smiling because she does a great job

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%