Boxes At A Decent Price

Decorating By fat-sissy Updated 21 Sep 2006 , 7:18pm by msmeg

fat-sissy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fat-sissy Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:18am
post #1 of 18

Just wanted to share that I bought 100 boxes-10x14x4 w/window for $59.46. icon_lol.gif The shipping was FREE!!!! Best deal I've found because of high cost to ship. Sam's Club doesn't sell 1/4 sheet boxes for some reason.
www.brpboxshop.com

17 replies
rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:25am
post #2 of 18

Thanks for the lead. They have a nice selection.

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 11:41am
post #3 of 18

I'm thinking about getting a box of the 6" boxes. How much room do you think 200 boxes is going to take up? I'm assuming they're folded flat..

Cindy

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 11:49am
post #4 of 18

thanks!!!! that site has great prices!!!!!!!

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 11:58am
post #5 of 18

Wow! Thanks for sharing that link! I just checked it out! Great prices and free shipping! icon_biggrin.gif

aaversa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aaversa Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:25pm
post #6 of 18

Ok so I'm almost embarrassed to type this question... how do you determine what size box to get based on the cakes you make? I typically make 9x13 cakes and 9 & 10" round cakes.... what size boxes do I get.... sorry for the dumb question I just don't want to order 200 boxes and have them be the wrong size. icon_redface.gif

PGray315 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PGray315 Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:34pm
post #7 of 18

I purchase 10x14" boxes for my 9x13" cake....I put my cake on a 10x14 cake pad. You will want to judge the size of the box by the size of the cake pad or circles you will be using.

I don't have a lot of storage space so I use a 12"x12" x5" (or 6") box for my 10", 9", or 8" cakes. I have 8" boxes for 7" and 6".

BRPBoxShopDesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRPBoxShopDesigner Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:55pm
post #8 of 18

Thank you for the kind comments about our website!

SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SCPATTICAKESCREACTIONS Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 12:57pm
post #9 of 18

CINDY
THE BOXES THAT I HAVE PURCHASED IN THE PAST HAVE COME IN 100 LOTS AND THEY ARE PLASTIC WRAPPED AND FLAT...SO THEY TAKE UP ABOUT A 2.5 TO 3 FOOT SPACE AND ARE ONLY ABOUT 2 TO 3 INCHES THICK...MY BOXES WERE 10X10X6 SO YOURS WOULD BE SMALLER BUT THICKER.

THIS IS A WONDERFUL SITE BECAUSE THE SHIPPING IS FREE... I FOUND SOME GREAT PRICES AT OTHER SITES BUT THE SHIPPING WAS MORE THAN THE BOXES!! THEY ARE REALLY HEAVY!

THANKS FOR THIS TIP!!

midgit1205 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midgit1205 Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 18

THANKS FOR THE GREAT WEBSITE!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I have been searching everywhere for square boxes with windows w/no luck. I can find sheet cake sizes but not regular square ones.icon_cry.gif . But his website has them!!!! YEA!!!! Thanks again.

mgdqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mgdqueen Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 1:04pm
post #11 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRPBoxShopDesigner

Thank you for the kind comments about our website!

Well huh! Welcome to CC. Look out girls-other people might be lurking too!! icon_eek.gificon_biggrin.gif

aaversa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aaversa Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 1:05pm
post #12 of 18

Thanks PGray315 for the information icon_biggrin.gif

Tscookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tscookies Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 1:39pm
post #13 of 18

Great tip, fat-sissy. Can you tell us how sturdy the bottoms are? Would they hold 30-40 decorated cookies w/out any reinforcement?

cindww Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindww Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 5:28pm
post #14 of 18

Hey guys..
Just wanted to let you know about some fabulous customer service I got just a little white ago from Kip at brpboxshop.com...
I, too, have wanted to order boxes, but didn't want to order more than 100.
BRPBoxshopdesigner ( a new member here!) PM'ed me with the dimensions of the box that the 200 boxes come in and I asked him if they ever sell them in quantities of 100. He said no, but PM'ed me again to tell me that he had spoken with the President of the company and they were going to change the box count from 200 to 100. I just ordered my 6x6x4 boxes!! Is that not the coolest thing ever??

Kip, I said it once and I'll say it again..YOU ROCK! Thanks for your effort to do this..you went above and beyond icon_smile.gif I hope you get many more customers from our site.

Cindy

fat-sissy Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 9:16pm
post #15 of 18

I'm glad this was helpful. I sent an e-mail to BRP after I ordered from them and told them I was going to tell all my CC buddies about them! Maybe if enough of us start ordering, they'll be willing to sell other products in smaller quantities. I think that's why BRP responded.

fat-sissy Posted 20 Sep 2006 , 9:57pm
post #16 of 18

I was on their site today and they've lowered their prices!!! icon_lol.gif My order for 100 10x14 boxes was $59.46. They are at $49.04 today. They are going to credit my card back the difference! They have AWESOME customer service. That's only 49 cents for a windowed box! I've been buying them at Hobby Lobby for a lot more. icon_mad.gif

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 5:01pm
post #17 of 18

Has anyone received their boxes? did you order pads??? What I want to know ar the pads as thick as cake circles? and how thick?

msmeg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msmeg Posted 21 Sep 2006 , 7:18pm
post #18 of 18

in case anyone else wondered here it the reply I got

Meg,

I thought I would walk out to the warehouse and take a look at one of these for you. You can see form the picture that these are corrugated cardboard and that its about 1/8 thick. Cake pads are the only items we carry that we do not make ourselves. We did shop around, however, and its safe to say that these pads are industry standard. For only being 1/8 thick, Im surprised at how rigid this is. Ive eaten my share of frozen pizza and I would say this is stronger than what comes under a Tombstone. The pad also has a slick coating to protect it from the moisture of the cakes. The circles are a single layer of corrugated cardboard. We do have some larger rectangular silver pads that are two layers of corrugated to support a sheet cake.

Sothe short answer is yes, it is comparable to any cake circle to support a cake. These are pads manufactured for just that purpose.

Hope this helps. If you have any other questions, please feel free to get in touch.

Thanks,

Kip

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%